INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING (#2021-41)
TITLE: Overnight Awake Counsellor
POSITION STATUS: Part- Time – Permanent (Union)
SCHEDULE: Friday & Saturday- 11:00pm to 9:00am (flexibility required as needed)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a provincial leader in the Deaf community.
Our programs support Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind adults some of whom have complex behavioural, developmental and/or mental health diagnoses. This position is responsible for the daily activities of the program at the Frances Gregory House (FGH), and will work with the Program Manager to ensure the highest quality of care and services for everyone we serve.
- Ensure that activities and daily support approaches are in accordance with agency mission, vision, values, strategic direction and policies with a goal of ensuring the highest quality of care
- Ensure person-centered quality service, and achievement of program and individual service goals
- Administer medications consistent with Organization’s policies & procedures
- Consistently comply with clinical and program plans
- Promote an evidence-based, best practice approach to care
- Ensure a clean, safe home-like environment for everyone residing in the program
- Advocate on behalf of individuals and their specific needs/goals
- Understand and be able to work with Behavioural Support Plans, PRN’s and medical protocols
- Work collaboratively with team and individual’s service team; dedicating one-self to excellent service
- Utilize community resources & liaise with community members
- Documentation – communication logs, reports, etc.
- Flexible hours of work
- Teach, coach and mentor with regards to like skills and daily activity schedules
- DSW Diploma or related college degree or equivalent work acquired experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a residential setting with Consumers with developmental disabilities, mental health needs and/or dual diagnosis
- Knowledge and experience working within the deaf community and fluency in ASL
- Knowledge and experience working with clinical professionals as it relates to mental health and/or behavioural needs
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving abilities; good judgement and critical thinker
- Advocates for and with the Individuals and deaf community at all times.
- Excellent communication, literacy and interpersonal skills
- Innovation, initiative and integrity
- Demonstrated experience in computer literacy (e.g. Words, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid Ontario Full G Driver’ s License and clean driving record
- French language/LSQ an asset
Posting Date: April 30, 2021 Closing Date: May 14, 2021 Start Date: Immediate