Edmonton Meals on Wheels is a local non-profit agency that provides home-delivered meals, other food services and social connections to a diverse mix of people. We’re well known for exceptional food services and creative, innovative strategies that engage the community in various events, partnerships and volunteer opportunities.
Are you a creative thinker who tells compelling stories? We have an exciting, full time, opportunity for a self-directed, experienced fund development and communications leader who is outgoing, organized and committed to engaging others in the mission of Edmonton Meals on Wheels. You have progressive experience in the areas of fundraising, marketing, public relations and can successfully coordinate multiple projects at once while meeting tight deadlines. You would be leading a dynamic small team in a diverse range of projects including event management, stakeholder engagement, grant and other writing opportunities, marketing and media relations. Do you have the desire and willingness to continue our path to excellence?
• Engaging stakeholders, corporate groups and individuals
• Recruit volunteer for a variety of roles
• Creative development and implementation of unique fundraising events and other activities
• Seek and build new, and maintain current partnerships with a variety of donors, community and corporate groups
• Research new fundraising opportunities
• Manage media and government relations; act as a media spokesperson
• Strategically plan, prepare, manage and evaluate direct mail, online giving and annual giving initiatives
• Manage the creative design and content of agency publications, website and social media. Prepare and distribute e-newsletters
• Lead the acquisition, growth and retention of corporate and community partnerships
• Exceed the annual financial goals of the department
• Post-secondary degree in a related field with 3 to 5 years of progressive leadership responsibility
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office, Social Media Platforms and Adobe Creative Suite
• Demonstrated experience with strong creative writing skills are required
• Security clearance for the vulnerable sector and acceptable class five driver’s abstract mandatory
• Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance for work purposes are necessary
• Organized, excellent time management and able to handle multiple projects under tight time lines
• Creative, positive and outgoing team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
You Will Enjoy
• Experiencing first-hand the difference you make in the community
• Really making a difference for those experiencing food security issues
• Opportunities to cultivate new skills in the vast fields of fund development, marketing, and communications
• Working with a small team, and continually expanding your scope of work
• Interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders and volunteers
• Negotiable based on experience with a full extended health benefit plan plus RRSP employer contributions
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone call or drop in will be accepted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!