About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada is the only national non-profit that provides resources, financing and mentoring to aspiring business owners ages 18 to 39. Since 1996, we have supported over 12,000 young entrepreneurs launching more than 10,000 Canadian businesses in every province and territory across the country. Last year, 45% of the businesses supported by the Futurpreneur Start-up Program were women led. Mentoring is at the core of what we do, as we match every entrepreneur that we finance with a business expert from a network of 3,000 volunteer mentors. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable economic development in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here is the opportunity:
Futurpreneur is seeking a bilingual Generalist, Talent & Culture (Human Resources) responsible in providing expertise, advice and coaching on talent acquisition and HR issues and assisting in the implementation and execution of HR programs, policies and procedures e.g. Performance Management, Onboarding & Orientation, Compensation, Employee Relations and Change Management The Generalist Talent & Culture will act as a trusted HR partner across Futurpreneur and will report to the Head, Talent & Culture (HR).
This role will in the first instance be working remotely (due to COVID) and will then be either based at the Toronto or Montreal office.
What you will do:
Talent acquisition (50-60% during peak time)
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment for assigned positions from recruiting plan through to offer stage. Additional stages include pre-screening, short-listing, scheduling, conducting interviews and reference, criminal and credit checks.
- Work with hiring managers to develop recruitment strategy to source top talent with diverse and bilingual backgrounds for open positions (direct sourcing, referral, networking, LinkedIn, career fairs, etc.)
- Participate in the ongoing enhancement and development of innovative and cost-effective talent sourcing strategies, assisting Futurpreneur’s diversity and inclusion commitments
- Utilize proactive recruitment strategies to source candidates for difficult to fill roles
- Lead new hire orientation to ensure successful on-boarding of all new hires and assist hiring managers, when and where appropriate
HR Advisory - Employee Relations, Talent Development (25-30%)
- Handle general employee relations issues or concerns, providing advice to managers and employees, under the guidance of the Head, Talent & Culture
- Provide coaching and guidance to business leaders on their interpretation and execution of HR policies and programs such as compensation, performance management, change management, learning and development etc
- Assist in termination, resignation process by conducting exit interviews, and ensuring all paperwork is complete for off-boarding
- Maintain and assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and communications to inform managers and employees
- Provide guidance to employees in the interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures
- Stay current and up to date on HR legislation and best practices to ensure compliance with Federal and Provincial employment standards
- Maintain the HR intranet and look into opportunities to enhance the platform
- Assist in employee engagement and retention initiatives
- Identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Create and implement new learning and development initiatives, record and update employee training records, schedule outside training for employees
- Research HR best practices in the development of initiatives, programs and policies
- Execute Talent & Culture initiatives, providing exceptional customer service and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
HR Reporting and HR Management Systems (10%)
- Leverage HR systems to retrieve data for various reporting needs
- Maintain and update employee files as required
- Update organizational charts
- Produce HR Metrics as required
- Provide reports on head counts, wage statistics and other ad hoc reports when required from time to time
- Design and develop spreadsheets, databases and presentations to support HR projects
- Provide support for vacation requests and all other types of leaves of absence inquiries
Committees - Health and Safety and other (5%)
- Act as a member of the Health & Safety Committee
- Educate employees on Workplace Health & Safety Legislation and ensure compliance
- Ensure all employees have completed all mandatory health and safety training
- Participate in the social committee and assist in organizing social activities
What you will bring:
- Individuals in this role may have a university degree and/or several years of progressive work in the field of Human Resources, preferably working as a Recruiter, HR Coordinator or Junior HR Generalist or HRBP
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of professional experience in Human Resources
- Bilingual in English and French, proficient in writing and speaking
- Designation of CHRP or CRHA or working towards the designation is an asset
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector or social finance is an asset.
- A resourceful, performance and results driven individual whose focus is on driving department efficiencies
- Good knowledge and application of labor and employment law
- Knowledge and experience in all spheres of the HR function, more specifically in recruitment, compensation, performance management, onboarding & orientation, workforce planning, etc.
- A go-getter, proactive and go-above-and-beyond attitude
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Strong customer service and results-focused
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, must enjoy building rapport and strengthening relationships with employees at all levels
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software (Dayforce experience – an asset).
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to act with discretion and confidentiality
- Experience being able to multi-task and prioritize competing demands.
- Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization.
- Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people.
This is a permanent, full-time position located in Montreal or Toronto. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, amazing benefits and the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of young entrepreneurs and Canada’s economy.