Reporting to the site manager, performs routine cleaning and minor maintenance of buildings and grounds.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans, washes and disinfects building areas such as walls, windows, ceilings, floor, carpets, air vents, furniture, mattresses, blinds and washrooms by methods such as dusting, polishing, vacuuming, sweeping, wet mopping, shampooing, waxing, buffing, using various manual and power cleaning equipment.
- Collects and disposes of refuse and maintains clean refuse areas; performs spot clean-ups as required.
- Maintains and cleans parking lots and sidewalks using hand and powered brooms, rakes, shovels and other equipment to remove dirt, leaves, snow and other refuse; performs minor gardening tasks such as mowing and trimming lawn, weeding, watering.
- Performs minor maintenance on buildings, grounds, furniture, electrical fixtures and plumbing; such as unplugging sinks and toilets, replacing tap washers, light bulbs.
- Sets up furniture for functions and meetings. Maintains various logs, key registers and other records; assists in taking inventory; orders and maintains janitorial supplies.
- Secures the building by arming alarms, locking doors and windows.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications Education and Knowledge
Training and Experience
- One (1) month recent related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Familiarity with community resources; such as addiction, mental health, income assistance, and harm reduction.
- Naloxone Training.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 & Basic CPR certification.
- WHMIS certification