Under the general supervision of the Controller, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for all assigned financial accounting functions including Purchasing, Inventory Management, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Purchases supplies for the various sites and manages supply contracts and vendors.
2. Manages an inventory system for regularly used supplies and creates a journal entry monthly to charge out to the various programs.
3. Assists with the accounts payable function for the society including gathering approvals, coding to the appropriate accounts, inputting transactions into Sage Accounting and generating payment for vendors.
4. Manages the donation process and ensures appropriate paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
5. Maintains and updates accounting records by performing duties such as recording and posting transactions in journals and the general ledger for accounts payable, accounts receivable and general journals.
6. Completes account reconciliations as assigned.
7. Manages the petty cash with regular reconciliation and replenishment.
8. Prepares and issues invoices and follows up on late accounts in accordance with established procedures.
9. Responds to inquiries and requests regarding accounts payable and accounts receivable. Follows up to resolve errors and discrepancies in accordance with established procedures.
10. Becomes cross trained on the other roles in the Finance Team to ensure adequate back up is available as required.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft office package (including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software quickly
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is essential
· Ability to rapidly change direction, shift focus, and be adaptive and flexible
· Ability to multi-task and work in a faced paced, environment.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish tasks and resolve issues not always within the scope of the role and often outside the job function
· Ability to work with other team members collaboratively and create alignment within and across groups
Training and Experience:
· A minimum of Grade 12 plus post secondary courses of up to two (2) years in areas such as accounting or office procedures
· Three to five (3 - 5) years recent related experience
· Experience using accounting software, such as SAGE Accounting
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!