Workforce Specialist, Job ID#7020
Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Scarborough
The JVS Employment Source Scarborough office, funded by MLTSD, provides a range of services at one location, including information and referral services, one-on-one employment counselling, employment workshops and job development placement services. We provide our services to a variety of clients, including persons with disabilities and those on Ontario Works, whom we help gain employment in their field. More information on JVS Toronto and our programs can be found on https://www.jvstoronto.org
JVS Toronto’s Workforce Specialist (WFS) team works to develop relationships with employers and market our clients in an effort to help them secure work. We are looking for an outgoing individual who is comfortable building meaningful relationships to develop connections for employment opportunities. This person will also bring with them their job search strategy and labour market expertise to ensure program and employment targets are met.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Meet client job placement and retention targets.
- Assess client strengths, needs and job placement readiness. Negotiate employment opportunities that meet both client and employer needs
- Carry out job development using JVS’ consultative sales model including prospecting (cold calling), networking, employer needs analysis, features/benefits and other EOPII job development and sales techniques.
- Build productive ongoing relationships with potential employers for agency programs/clients, contacting employers using random and targeted lead generation approaches for current client job placement needs, and advocating on behalf of the client
- Follow up with employers and clients to support ongoing retention in employment or work assignment; monitor placements; assess work environment and identify strategies to maintain client success
- Organize and facilitate on/off-site and virtual events, such as employer sessions, hiring events, info sessions, and networking panels
- Maintain detailed employer and client records; enter all required information into database system; ongoing updates and reporting of outcomes to project team
- Negotiate ‘Training Incentives’ with employers and ensure that all necessary agreement details are finalized and documentation completed
- Conduct on-site ‘Monitoring Visits’ to closely monitor co-op and job placements, providing assistance with work-related issues and job performance
- Continually monitor labour-market trends, conduct labour market related workshops as well as employer and community outreach to increase visibility and jobseeker participation in the JVS programs
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- College diploma in Social Services, Marketing, or Human Resources; or evaluated as the Canadian equivalency
- 1-2 years of job development, sales, outreach, or recruitment experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and write reports
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals, including community professionals, clients, colleagues, staff, volunteers, and employers
- Effective organization and time management skills
- A Police Vulnerable Sector check may be required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle as travel is required for this position
- Experience placing internationally trained professionals
- Knowledge of the labour market
- Knowledge of and exposure to Employment Ontario
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.