EQUIPMENT SUPPLY ASSOCIATE
Working closely with the Partner Services Associate, the Equipment Supply Associate ensures that equipment is reprocessed and distributed to meet expected demand and achieve HELP program goals. He/she ensures that the equipment consistently meets departmental standards for quality. The Associate also ensures that assigned Hub and service site facilities are kept in safe working order and OH&S regulations are adhered to.
Oversee the day-to-day equipment reprocessing and distribution activities related to the delivery of health equipment loan services in order to achieve contracted deliverables and HELP program objectives
Responsibility 1 – Client Service Delivery
- Participates in the development and ensures implementation of policies, procedures and practice standards relating to equipment reprocessing, inventory management and distribution.
- Ensures technical staff and volunteers are familiar with and adhere to HELP polici es and procedures.
- Monitors program delivery to ensure performance stan d ards and quality control are maintained.
- Oversees the day to day aspects of the equipment distribution operations including but not limited to inventory and parts management, equipment reprocessing, customer and the client service site equipment delivery process.
- Initiates corrective actions in response to audits of equipment supply processes.
- Ensures timely and appropriate responses to Safety Bulletins and Recall Advisories.
- Ensures timely reporting of incidents and follows up accordingly.
- Provides expert technical advice to staff, volunteers and health care professionals, pertaining to health equipment.
- Maintains solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibility 2 – Human Resource/ Financial Management
- Recruits, trains, mentors, supervises, and supports all program technical staff and volunteers.
- Ensures staff/volunteer compliance with health & safety regulations/standards.
- Coordinates and conducts professional development opportunities.
- Monitors and manages regional equipment purchase and parts budgets.
- Allocates resources to meet equipment reprocessing/delivery priorities.
Responsibility 3 – Contracted Programs Management
- Oversees the day-to-day equipment provision operations of contracted programs.
- Liaises with contracted services staff on equipment related issues.
- Provides recommendations on equipment purchases.
- Ensures compliance with relevant contract terms related to equipment management, reporting, privacy regulations and program evaluation requirements.
Responsibility 4 – Facility Management
- Conducts regular building inspections of assigned sites to ensure potential hazards are identified and addressed.
- Works closely with facilities staff to ensure completion ofof required facility maintenance and repairs for assigned sites.
- Ensures smooth operation of computers, phones and faxes for assigned sites.
- Ensures that all WHMIS Program requirements are adhered to, for assigned sites.
- Identifies space needs, recommends and implements solutions including renovating or relocating HELP sites.
- Integrates volunteer resources and fund development within the scope of responsibilities.
- Participates in disaster planning, preparation and response as needed.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- The minimum qualifications for this job are completion of a 2-year post-secondary diploma in a relevant field, and a minimum of 3 years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A valid BC Driver’s Licence is required.
- Minimum of 2 years` experience supervising employees and/or volunteers
- Experience working with a diverse population and an understanding of cultural issues.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to be self-directed.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Medical equipment repair experience.
- Facilities management experience.
- Frequent travel around the region is required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80lbs.