We are searching for an experienced mental health professional who wants to make a difference in lives of vulnerable individuals. The successful incumbent would be the go-to person to help some of our clients become housed. This includes among other duties, housing search, negotiating with landlords on behalf of the client, helping to acquire much needed household goods, arranging moving and utilities, arranging home visits and much more.
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Temporary Full-Time Casual (June 1, 2021- until return of incumbent October 2021).
SALARY RANGE: Grid 34 – HEU – Community Subsector, starting at $26.42 per hour
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 (one) vacancy
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but may vary according to client needs. Please note that this is a casual position but has fixed Monday to Friday hours.
• Three years related experience in the mental health field and/or a combination of relevant experience and education with a minimum of one-year direct experience working in mental health.
• Strong understanding of mental illness.
• Familiarity with community resources.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Current First Aid and CPR certification.
• Naloxone Training.
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training.
• Successful clearance of a criminal record check.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• ASSISTS CLIENT TO OBTAIN ADEQUATE HOUSING OF CHOICE BY:
- accompanying client on housing search, negotiating a tenancy agreement with landlord, and arranging for security deposits and payment of rent.
• ASSISTS CLIENTS WITH ESTABLISHING HOUSEHOLD BY:
- acquiring furnishings and household items, arranging utilities, and negotiating moving allowances with Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction.
- arranging movers and assisting with move, if necessary.
- conducting in-home visits.
• ENHANCES CLIENT'S ABILITY TO FUNCTION AND INTEGRATE INTO COMMUNITY BY:
- facilitating participation in social, vocational, recreational, educational, and self-help programs in the community
- assisting with problem solving related to activities of daily living.
- providing life skills training in identified areas which may include: self-care, home management, nutrition, money management, personal effectiveness, personal safety, health and fitness, medication management, and community integration.
• ENSURES GOAL DIRECTED CARE BY:
- collaborating with Burnaby Mental Health case managers to support client’s self-directed goals.
- developing Recovery Plan Reviews with client and case manager.
- facilitating on-going implementation and evaluation of Recovery Plans.
• ENSURES APPROPRIATE AND ETHICAL DOCUMENTATION STANDARDS ARE MET.
• PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS REQUIRED.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!