About CCRDA: The Canadian Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA) is an association of 50+ organizations involved in relief, development and justice who are committed to integrated, transformational development. The mission of the CCRDA is to promote unity and excellence among all Canadian Christian relief and development organizations. As a Communications & Partner Engagement Assistant, you will support our Director of Operations & Programs and Executive Director to develop and implement a communications and marketing strategy, support donor/grantor goals and assist in event planning and membership support.
Responsibilities: Work in coordination with the Director of Operations & Programs to:
- Develop and implement a communications and marketing strategy, including a social media calendar and strategies that span across multiple platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Coordinate the testing phase and roll-out of a membership platform
- Facilitate the creation of event/activity transcripts and other resources for the member platform.
- Coordinate the collection of international activities data from CCRDA to be displayed on WayBase.com for partnership, collaboration, and awareness.
- Research and identify potential revenue sources (foundations, donors, grants, etc.) for the CCRDA and prepare proposals for funding.
- Coordinate and promote our annual Fall workshop including: communicating with and securing speakers, drafting a schedule, developing a budget, and developing and distributing promotional materials.
- Completion of secondary education, preference 1-2 years post-secondary education
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and excellent relationship building skills
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability and motivation to work with a high degree of independence and enthusiasm
- Excellent administrative and research skills
- Volunteer/work experience and/or demonstrated interested in the relief and development sector
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Willingness to work within and respect the values of a faith-inspired workplace and network that aligns with the English Language Liturgical Consultation version of the Nicene Creed
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and to be eligible the person must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid SIN at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Flexible hours, approximately 15 hours/week
- Contract between May-October