Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking an adaptable, independent, client-centred, results-oriented individual who can facilitate the accessibility of persons living with cognitive, physical and/or mental health disabilities.
Customized Employment Specialist
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise Services
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the WorkBC Centre Manager, the Customized Employment Specialist is responsible for building lasting relationships with local employers, creating work experience opportunities that lead to long‐term sustainable employment opportunities for clients living with disabilities. The Customized Employment Specialist will work collaboratively with the WorkBC Client Services Team to support clients towards a successful job attachment outcome.
· Understand the WorkBC program service policies and contractual obligations and understand the role of a Customized Employment Specialist plays in achieving the goals (I.e. KPMs and contractual outcomes).
· Work collaboratively with Specialized Employment Counsellors and Employment Skills Facilitators in understanding clients’ needs and occupational goals and implement strategies to secure employment
· Complete Discovery Profiles to outline various aspects of client’s support network, home life, interests, skills, and potential accommodations, via home visits and other methods
· Review and interpret specialized assessments to determine factors considered when finding a job placement for the client; understand the accommodations required by the client in a workplace; use this information to negotiate employment conditions with the employer and the client.
· Secure placement opportunity for clients by screening clients, referring resumes to employers, following up to ensure successful placement or to solicit feedback from employers.
· Provide one-to-one job sustainment support to clients; services include on-the-job coaching, relaying employer feedback and/or worksite visits.
· Post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in adult education, counselling, psychology, social work, adult learning, human services, or a combination of training and two or more years of experience in:
o Assessing complex client needs in specialized areas, such as physical limitations, developmental disabilities, mobility skills, and cognitive, social and emotional barriers;
o Interpreting clinical assessments; and
o Delivering customized employment, job coaching and job development services;
· Knowledge of the Employment Insurance Act, BC Employment and Assistance Program, and WorkBC Employment Program policies
· Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation with the ability to travel within Lower Mainland required
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
· Strong group and one-on-one facilitation skills on employability and job search skills, and career exploration and development
· Experience providing customer service and resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment
· Working knowledge of existing programs and services, community resources, and local labour
· Experience building partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders to facilitate client job placement
· Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Teams, and Integrated Case Management system (ICM)
· Tactful, discreet, diplomatic, patient, flexible and possesses cultural sensitivity and excellent judgement in decision-making
· Career Development Practitioner certified will be considered an asset
· Proficiency in a second language will be considered an asset
Full-time (35 hours per week)
Annual salary commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications
We offer a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Customized Employment Specialist, Surrey Cloverdale locations.” Please submit a
cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled
May 4th 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!