Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: AIFYC0521
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Full-Time Temporary Position (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Range: $50,447-$55,684 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Supporting the demonstration school assigned to them where they oversee key responsibilities and manage a portfolio of partnerships and program focuses and outcomes.
- Overseeing and providing direction to a variety of school based programs including; In Person 1-1 Mentoring, In Person Group Programs, Virtual Mentoring, Virtual Reading, Virtual Tutoring, Virtual 1-1 Mentoring (Social/Emotional Focus), and Virtual Group Programs.
- Overseeing the creation and delivery of programming (both during and after school) that has positive impacts for students, families and the school
- Supporting the enrollment, matching and ongoing support of volunteers, students and their families who are participating in various mentoring matches.
- Responsibility for a small staff team, providing direct supervision of staff, program management and improvement, and partnership development.
- Coordinating and providing leadership, direction and training to all staff and potential volunteers participating in any of the school based programs and ensuring their skills are used to support programming.
- Building relationships with families and providing opportunities for quality outcomes for their children.
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing working relationship with all school personnel and ensure they are informed of all the guidelines, responsibilities and partnership goals that pertain to the programs.
- Overseeing the coordination of all required paperwork and collecting and submitting program data/information within a customized database for program evaluation and improvement.
- Supporting staff in following all safety and cleaning protocols set out by AHS and the schools in order to safely run programming.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree or college diploma in the education, recreation or human services field.
- 2 years of previous supervisory experience and 5 years combined experience in a role involved with diverse child/youth based programming, volunteer management and partnership development.
- Solid knowledge of child and youth development, out of school programming, strength based practice and a mentoring philosophy.
- Proven ability to be approachable, understanding, organized and efficient with excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in the delivery of community programs and extensive knowledge of community collaboration, community and educational resources and services.
- An awareness and understanding of emerging issues facing families in Edmonton and the community resources available for families.
- Can be counted on to meet and exceed goals and able to get positive results from others.
- Experience entering data into an electronic case management system and experience working with the MS suite of programs and online platforms.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work 4-5 evenings a week until 8:00 PM.
- Experience working with Junior High Youth is an asset and should be noted upon application.
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.