We are a start-up nonprofit organization focused on inspiring and enabling young leaders to shape a better future. We are looking for a creative, detailed oriented, and positive individual, with a desire to have an impact on the development of youth. Someone with the ability to grasp concepts quickly and
translate them into fresh, current, and youth friendly material. The ideal candidate enjoys working from a blank sheet and thrives on learning and researching concepts and frameworks.
● Research ideas and activities to develop virtual and physical engaging events
● Plan events' aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list
● Delegate event planning tasks to other volunteers when necessary
● Demonstrate strong knowledge of different venues
● Coordinate events' activities, entertainment, and guest speakers
● Stay under budget while planning event specifications
● Create events' comprehensive financial reports
● Oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with Seeds team members
● Communicate with the marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event
● Anticipate and plan for different scenarios and risks
● Help find events' sponsors
Attitude and Qualifications
● Optimistic mindset
● Hunger for excellence
● Strong critical thinking
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong attention to detail
Employment Type: Canada Summer Job - Contract full time
Duration: 8 weeks
Age: 15 - 30
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!