Hours of Work Per Week: 24-32 hr/wk
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: 10am - 6pm;
Week 1 - Sun, Wed, Thurs,
Week 2 - Sun, Wed, Thurs, Sat
304-38 Eiffel 65 - a residential home in Vegreville that supports/encourages individuals with developmental disabilities and complex needs (health or behavioral) to maximize independence, develop their unique strengths and community integration.
Extensive experience with disabilities, will help to identify issues, set goals and celebrate successes, as you coach individuals with behavior, emotional or physical challenges, teach good citizenship and life skills, reinforce strengths already in place and offer support within the residence and community.
*Complex need rate ($20.09+/hr) paid when supporting complex needs clients. Regular rate ($17.09-$20) paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. Sleep hours are paid at$15/hr*
NOTE* CUPE union required
In Your Role You Will
• Assist individuals with setting and achieving personal goals.
• Observe/support/teach hygiene, personal care, life skills and social/occupational needs.
• Support person-served with daily tasks (May include food preparation, cleaning, etc.)
• Encourage community involvement (recreational, leisure, volunteer activities)
• Drive individuals in your own vehicle to appointments, day programs, community events, etc.
• Contribute to individual service plans (ISPs), program-specific policies & procedures.
• Request full job description for more detail.
*** All applicants must provide a current (within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• High School Diploma or Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Nursing, etc.
• 1 year experience with developmental disabilities & complex needs. Other relevant experience: Personal Support Worker, Nursing Assistant, Education Assistant, Special Needs, Behaviour Interventionist, Youth Worker, Counsellor
• MANDATORY - Class 5 Driver License, clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle.
• A belief that persons with disabilities have the right to define and pursue their life choices, and actively participate in their community.
• Anger management, self help, life skills
• First Aid/CPR
• NVCI, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and personal health and safety guidelines.
What WJS Canada does
Helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through programs/services, including:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health supports
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team
• Training and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages for full time employees
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply for JOB # J0521-0244 online at www.wjscanada.com
Or click (copy/paste into your internet browser) the link below:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!