Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest employment and settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
Employer Relations Coordinator
Employment, Language, and Social Enterprise
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Manager, the Coordinator is responsible for: initiating and maintaining relationships with employers, organizing job fairs, working closely with employment staff members, supervising the utilization of the Employer Relations Management (ERM) software.
· Develop new partnerships with strategic employers and strengthen existing relationships with MOSAIC employer partners
· Develop collaboration opportunities with partner organizations
· Develop strategies for employer-relations in alignment with MOSAIC mission and values
· Plan and coordinate employer-related initiatives, events, and job fairs
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the B.C. labour market across various industry sectors
· Maintain employers’ database on Salesforce™ (CRM)
· Manage MOSAIC’s job matching system, and train staff on the platform
· Develop best-practices and processes for job developers
· Work closely with job developers in employment programs to maximize client placements
· Manage job postings and communicate with staff and clients
· Maintain and provide timely employer engagement statistics
· Post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in career development, adult education, counselling, psychology, social work, human services, or a combination of coursework and experience
· Software/ IT background and/or experience using a CRM software is required.
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Experience leading a team of diverse staff; including interviewing, training, supervising performance and implementing change as required.
· Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Strong problem-solving, team building and collaboration skills, and able to exercise good judgement.
· Comfortable engaging with employers and other stakeholders.
· Flexible, adaptable and multitasker, able to work on different projects efficiently
· Able to adjust approach to meet goals of the annual business plan in respect to employer outreach.
· Experience planning and marketing events and job fairs.
· Extensive knowledge of employment programs and services and local labour market conditions.
· Experience working with wide range of groups of clients and vulnerable communities.
· Strong organizational skills to fulfill administrative duties.
· Comfortable stepping in for the manager as required.
• Ability to speak a second language will be considered an asset
· Career Development Practitioner certified will be considered an asset
This is a full-time position
Annual salary commensurate with the level experience and qualifications
We offer a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Employer Relations Coordinator, Employment Programs”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled
May 7th, 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!