ElevAte is a culinary social enterprise aspiring to create opportunities for all people to have equal access to training and living wage employment. Our mission is to break the cycle of inequity by reducing barriers to training and employment. By creating a self-sustaining social enterprise, we encourage folx from all communities to be part of an upstream systems approach to living a balanced lifestyle.
ElevAte is looking to hire a permanent kitchen manager with a minimum of five years of industry experience. Previous experience in catering, banquets, or food truck operations is considered an asset. This position has multiple phases and begins with running and managing a food truck. Phase two entails opening a food pod in Vancouver with potential expansion into other municipalities down the road. We are looking for a self-starter with a vision for growth.
Recruit and hire staff
Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food/labour costs
- Supervise, train and monitor the progress of the culinary team
- Arrange for provisioning, equipment purchases, and repairs
- Comply with municipal and regional health, safety, and sanitation regulations
- Keep time and payroll records
- Maintain a positive and professional approach to coworkers, customers
- Source ingredients from local suppliers including farmers and fishermen
- Provide regular reports to the Steering Committee
- Reports directly to Ian Lai
- Proven work experience as a culinary professional
- Excellent record of kitchen management and workflow logistics
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Embrace sustainability and nutrition as the foundations of ElevATE
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs including MS Office/POS
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Effective in communication, conflict management, and leadership skills
- Credentials in FoodSafe Level 1 and 2
- Credentials in WHMIS
- Credentials in Standard First Aid/CPR/AED
- Have a valid class 5 license and provide a clean driver abstract
- Have access to a vehicle and the ability to drive a food truck
- Experience in the non-profit sector or working with marginalized people from various
cultural backgrounds and/or those with barriers to employment
- Criminal record check
The Successful Candidate will:
- Manage day-to-day operations at the commissary kitchen and in the food truck
- Develop, test, and execute a limited menu appropriate for a food truck
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of up to five cooks
- Establish relationships with local producers and suppliers
- Help to develop phase two of expansion by opening a pod at the Westbank location
This position is based out of the Coho Commissary Kitchen located in East Vancouver with a food truck rotating through the Lower Mainland.
Application deadline: Ongoing, or until the position is filled
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience starting between $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 + prorated three weeks annual vacation + health and wellness plan.
Hours: Permanent full-time. Operations may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Application Details: In order to apply, send a cover letter and resume to
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
We acknowledge that we live, work and play on the ancestral, traditional, and unceded territory of xwməθkwəy̓ əm (Musqueam) peoples.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!