The Mission District Historical Society is seeking a temporary Communications Service Coordinator for the Mission Community Archives. The Communications Service Coordinator will assist with the current shift from in-person programming and activities to new web-based programming and resources to promote knowledge of programs, services, and holdings via the Archives websites and social media platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and researching the development of virtual programming such as web-enabled local history educational resources for local schools, a virtual tour of the Archives and guidelines for creating digital exhibitions.
- Helping market and promote LIFE at TWO METRES – a special project to collect digital and/or hard-copy materials from members of the community about their first-hand experiences during the pandemic.
- Researching and preparing content for the Archives Facebook Page
- Assisting with planning and developing online programming for upcoming special events.
This position is funded through the Canada Services Summer Grant Program which requires applicants to meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 15 to 30 years to apply;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Must pass a criminal record background check.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to improvise and creatively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to organize information and prioritize tasks and projects
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently as well as with others
- Highly IT-literate an asset
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite an asset
Terms of Employment:
- 30 hours per week for 10 weeks, beginning June 28 through Sept. 3, 2021; part time work negotiable.
- Regular Hours: Tuesday-Friday; 9:00am-4:30pm.