The PAFNW has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our team. Reporting to the Lead Matriarch and our Senior Financial Consultant, the full-cycle bookkeeper performs financial duties including day-to-day bookkeeping (bank and credit card posting and reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, etc.), payroll administration, month end close, some financial reporting – both internal and external, assisting with budgeting and variance reporting, leading contract management, records management, assisting with audit preparation and year end close preparation. Position also includes documentation and maintenance of financial procedures. Bookkeeper will be comfortable with and assist the organization in its transition to end-to-end, cloud-based accounting solutions (XERO + Apps). Bookkeeper will be supervised, supported, and trained, as needed, by our Senior Financial Consultant. As such, this is an excellent opportunity for on-the-job training toward higher level non-profit bookkeeping skills as well as deep experience working with cutting edge accounting technology.
This is a full-time, permanent position with all hours to be worked at our office.
· Maintain records management system.
· Ensure all accounting records are complete, current, accurate and recorded and filed in a manner reflecting professional and accepted bookkeeping and accounting practices.
· Complete all payroll administration functions and year-end tax reporting.
· Complete monthly reconciliation for all bank and credit card accounts
· Liaise with project staff to support project & program budget management.
· Assist Senior Financial Consultant in implementing new documenting, refining and implementing financial procedures and controls both in the finance department and throughout the Association.
· Maintain contract management and financial management reporting system; ensure contract billing.
· Prepare (in conjunction with our Senior Financial Consultant as needed) and provide periodic financial reports to Administration, Board and Program Coordinators.
· Assist with year-end reporting and creation of year-end working papers.
· Assist in preparing for and managing audits and independent reviews; liaise with auditors.
· Implement new policies, systems and procedures as they’re defined by management, to
maintain efficient and effective financial operations and controls for the Association.
· Any other related tasks as requested by the Lead Matriarch or Senior Financial Consultant.
· Monitor and confirm accurate posting of payables, reviewing discrepancies in comparison
with the budget, and ensuring correct paperwork for all transactions.
· Maintain accuracy of project accounting reports both for project manager usage and for
purposes of funder reporting.
· Seek improved efficiencies and enact improvements in consultation with the Senior
Financial Consultant and/or the Lead Matriarch.
· Prepare payroll on a semi-monthly basis using WagePoint.
· Assist in preparation of Board Reports package for Lead Matriarch and Board approval.
· Monitor budget utilization and spending requirements throughout the year.
· Responsible for annual year-end close preparation, including schedules and working
· Responsible for being audit ready and working with auditors throughout annual audit
· Some general administration tasks will also be required to be performed.
Qualifications, Job Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum 2-year diploma in a related field with 5-10 years of experience in bookkeeping and
payroll, preferably in both non-profit and for-profit environments
· Excellent proficiency with accounting software, and agility in learning new software,
required; specific experience with XERO is preferred.
· Experience with project/program-oriented non-profit or fund accounting/bookkeeping
· Experience in working with auditors and preparing for audits preferred.
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Excel in particular, required.
· Ability to organize workload based on priorities of Administration and Board required
· Knowledge of non-profit community-based programs, funding sources and services an
· Proven experience as a full-cycle, non-profit bookkeeper.
· Maintaining a well-organized filing system and work area.
· Ability to represent the Association to funders, partners, and community in a professional
· Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills verbal and written, including conflict
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!