Careers that empower young dreamers
When you make a decision to work with Children Believe you’re not just doing something great for your career, you’re helping empower children around the world to access education, pursue their dreams and be a voice for change. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to help children live and dream fearlessly. Children Believe is currently recruiting for the following position: Campaigns Manager
The role reports to the Director, Donor Engagement with a focus on donor engagement campaigns to enhance and enrich the relationship between donors and Children Believe. The role is responsible to participate in all donor engagement campaigns and activities including; donor data analytics, data mining, data hygiene and direct mail production. This position will also provide subject matter expertise in direct mail and e-blast best practices and processes. The manager will lead in the development of a mix of donor engagement and fundraising strategies to generate and upgrade intermediate gift intentions. They will also help to ensure all donor-facing materials are designed for effective fundraising and donor cultivation to ensure the highest donor impact and giving while maintaining existing revenue goals.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with other department managers and staff deliver direct marketing plans and campaigns that compliment other efforts and ensure no collision of offers in market to our donors.
- Accountable to define, evaluate and lead overall tactical strategy to drive sponsorship revenue and increase donor engagement and satisfaction rates. Channels may include: Direct Mail, Telemarketing and Email.
- Develops and manages creative/project briefs and critical paths for donor facing campaigns including; direct response, e-blasts and social media channels.
- Provides campaign proofreading and formatting support to the team particularly direct response campaigns including email and direct mail.
- Ensures departmental program owners and stakeholders are supported on direct mail and email channel integration points.
- Assist with telemarketing campaigns and other direct response tactics as required.
- Coordinates the seed tracking system ensuring that names are current and process is operating efficiently and records the campaign seeds as they come in.
- Effectively communicates and/or present results and recommendations based on analysis of donor engagement campaigns and other special projects.
- Prepares post-mortem document and campaign wrap-up document.
- Manages this portfolio of prospects through the cycle of identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship and growth.
- Provide oversight in the development and coordination of prospecting and solicitation strategies for IG that will integrate a variety of marketing channels, e.g. direct mail, telemarketing, events, online.
- Create KPI measures and reporting structures to monitor the success of IG performance and fundraising efforts.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and program teams to ensure the coordination of Intermediate Giving campaigns.
- Work with the Donor Engagement (DE) team, to ensure proper gift acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship for confirmed and realized gifts.
- Assist in the management and execute donor events where needed.
Leadership & Staff Development
- Lead, motivate and support the Donor Engagement Project Coordinator.
- Articulate expectations by setting goals and monitoring to ensure the results are achieved.
- Support stakeholders in departmental planning and initiatives.
- Conduct regular campaign meetings to keep managers connected to the bigger picture and to share learning.
- Conducting regular one-on-ones with staff to focus on building skill set and individual coaching.
- Responsible for sourcing and managing vendors.
- Working with the Director, Donor Engagement, collaborate and finalize contract negotiations.
- Work with finance to ensure vendors are paid on-time.
- Responsible for managing expense budgets and communicating variances.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Post-secondary diploma in related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
- Working knowledge of SQL; Google analytics; CRM systems e.g. Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Dynamics would be an asset;
- Familiarity with marketing campaign management systems;
- Strong analytical reporting and data presentation skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail is a must;
- Expertise in data mining and manipulation, extracting and importing and filtering from relational databases such as Oracle;
- Ability to excel in a team environment as well as accountability as an individual contributor;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with the pressure of multiple deadlines;
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required to meet commitments;
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to Children Believe’s Vision, Mission and Values;
Attributes, Traits, and Behaviours:
- Accountability for results;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables that have overlapping completion dates;
- Solutions oriented, flexible, adaptable;
- Commitment to on-going professional development.
Location: The office is located at 1200 Denison Street, Markham, ON. Staff are currently working from home with some flexibility on in-office activity until further notice (due to Covid-19 related health precautions).
Children Believe offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EFAP and company-match RRSP.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart, combined with the skills and interest for the Campaigns Manager position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to Children Believe's Careers website:
Select the button: “Find Career Opportunities”.
Search under Job Title for " Campaigns Manager". Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a brief questionnaire and attach your résumé and covering letter.
Children Believe is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
Children Believe is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Children Believe is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.