Renewed Computer Technology (RCT) is a non-profit organization which delivers computers to those in need, provides work experience to youth interns and manages our technology donations in a sound environmental manner.
RCT is looking for an experienced professional for the position of Inventory Control/Warehouse Team Lead.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Inventory Control/Warehouse Team Lead is responsible for Inventory management and the daily operations of the GTA Warehouse, ensuring that all activities are carried out in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is also looking to share their vast experience and to mentor, train and manage youth interns and technicians and have a big impact on providing technology those in need.
- Management and control of inventory at GTA location
- Monitor and drive inventory and warehouse procedures, processes and activities.
- Coordinate activities and resources to achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Provide excellent customer service and manage all incoming donations, inventory testing & classification of donated equipment, inventory tracking, e-waste and warehouse transfers of computer equipment.
- Provide leadership and work with the management team to support and deliver on programs and strategies.
- Lead, train, motivate and develop your team to achieve targets and KPIs.
- Help to develop process improvements, best practices and inventory accuracy.
- Ensure that all GTA warehouse related activities (dismantling, inventory control, transfer requests and shipments) are accurately and efficiently recorded in the ERP.
- Ensure that scheduled cycle counts and year end inventory at the GTA warehouse are completed on-time, inventory discrepancies are immediately reported to the Operations Manager and Finance Department, and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Compile timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports on all inventory, variances, reconciliations in addition to department and team KPIs.
- Maintain and ensure the security of the warehouse and inventory at all times.
- Manage the transfer of inventory to our internal and external locations.
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety procedures and practices.
- Apply 5s and lean methodologies and principles in the warehouse environment
- Excellent analytical, inventory auditing and reconciliation skills.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate inventory operations.
- 5 years of experience in a Team Lead/Supervisory capacity
- 5 years of experience in inventory management
- Forklift certification is required. Reach truck certification, an asset
- Knowledge and experience using ERP systems. Experience using Sage, an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of quality management systems, an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with 5S and lean manufacturing principles, an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements, within an industrial establishment.
- Facilities management experience, an asset
- First Aid trained/certified, an asset.