Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Aboriginal people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Region 6 and using the Outcome Based Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Aboriginal children and families in our city.
· Utilize strength-based tools to assist families - Kinship Mapping, Appreciative Inquiry, and Three Houses with Children.
· Ability to do family searches with a passion to keep meaningful connection for children in care;
· Responsible to facilitate training sessions to staff and mentor in conduct family finding;
· Knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions, preparing & facilitating family circles and Family Group Conferencing;
· Strong connections with First Nation Bands and communities with band designates and Band Councils;
· Build positive relationships with families; work cooperatively with social workers and other invested partners;
· Maintain effective cross-function relations with staff, colleagues and partners;
· Responsible for ensuring that all reports and notes are correct and submitted on a timely manner;
· Provide administrative support for all children services client files, case note management and data collection
· All client hardcopy files are organized and has current and valid client information;
· Work effectively with other team and all staff members that may require your assistance;
· Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
· Minimum of 1-3 years’ work related experience
· Family group conference training, mediation, conflict resolution certificate is an asset
· Penelope database experience is an asset
· Experience with SOS (signs of safety) is an asset.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
· Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
· Must provide a current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Child and Family Intervention Record Check.
Salary and Benefits
· Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
· Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
· Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
· Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!