COSTI REQUIRES A HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER FOR ITS HEAD OFFICE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The successful candidate will be a member of the HR team and report to the Director of Human Resources. The HR Manager will support our management team in the areas of: recruitment, performance management, job evaluation, health and safety, employee relations, and other human resources initiatives.
This is a fulltime non-union management position.
- Counsels management and staff regarding human resources issues. Provides advice and guidance on the interpretation of the Collective Agreement, Human Resources related legislation, policies and practices.
- Leads, coordinates and participates in the full cycle of recruitment, typically 100 contract positions per year. Ensures compliance with hiring practices and Collective Agreement obligations. Oversees all aspects of the onboarding process for new hires in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (HRIS).
- Ensures accurate system usage and data integrity for on-line application system, HRIS, and HR data systems to support people related decisions.
- Supports managers in addressing employee relations issues, providing strong performance coaching in keeping with agency policies, practices and Collective Agreement obligations.
- Works closely with managers ensuring performance management systems are conducted in keeping with COSTI policy, practices and procedures.
- Tracks and monitors the disciplinary process.
- Reviews the work of Senior HR Administrator in relation to updating HRIS for any changes related to rates, contract extensions, assignment change, layoffs etc.
- Actively participates in the Job Evaluation process.
- Provides resources for management during collective bargaining.
- Provides health and safety guidance to location managers and WSIB management of claims.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist within a unionized environment. CHRL or CHRP Certification required.
- Previous experience with an ERP system required. Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV an asset.
- Advanced computer skills are required in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Advanced organizational skills to manage a large volume of time sensitive issues.
- Thorough knowledge of Ontario labour and employment related legislation.
- Proven ability to work within a multicultural setting.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English. The ability to speak another language is an asset.
- Positive approach to managing relationships and problem solving.
- Must be able to work additional hours when needed.
- Accurate and detail orientated.
- JHSC Certification Parts 1 and 2 an asset.