Position Purpose summary:
The Support Attendant is responsible for the supervision of clients/property through regular rounds of inspection.
· Makes scheduled rounds of inspections, checks safety/security, monitors clients/residents and premises; maintains an atmosphere of calm, providing an unobtrusive presence
· Understands and is aware of emergency/disaster procedures and follows through
· Liaises with referral sources and other external agencies as needed (e.g. police, parole, urgent situations)
· Coordinates client care relating to security issues; may be directly involved in taking urine samples, doing bed checks, and room/personal searches
· Reports security problems to appropriate staff.
· Ongoing enforcement of policies, which may include client discipline or recommending banning of current or prospective clients
· Meets visitors and directs and accompanies them as necessary; may include contact to resident/client
· May serve as Relief Front Desk Clerk
· May be required to collect urine analysis.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
· Completed Grade 12 plus a minimum of six months in specialized courses (Criminology or Social Work preferred)
· Criminal Records Check clearance to work with vulnerable adults
· Minimum 1 year experience working in a Security/Support position in an inner-city environment
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
· A valid Class 5 (or higher) BC Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract
HOURS: On Call / Varies.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!