City Centre Church is looking for a team player who is responsible for planning and leading creative worship experience that align with the vision and values of the church. This person should be passionate about multi-ethnic and multi-generational musical worship, the arts, discipleship, equipping leaders, and providing effective resources for a multi-dimensional congregation. The person will also train, equip, oversee, and care for the team of volunteers serving on the worship team.
City Centre is a multi-cultural family of believers from many countries around the world. Our congregation includes all ages and backgrounds and truly represents the community in which we serve. Check out our website for more details: www.citycentrebaptist.ca
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
- Work collaboratively, consistently, and relationally with the Senior Pastor in the development of worship services and overall worship experience at City Centre. This will consist of weekly meetings with the Senior Pastor to determine sermon topics and desired emphasis
- Oversee the Music and Worship Arts teams to create a cohesive and meaningful Sunday service experience at three services, helping coordinate worship elements to create maximum opportunities for people to connect with Jesus
- Lead and implement the vision of the Senior Pastor for Sunday and special worship services.
- Create a worship environment and choose music that honours the multicultural and multigenerational nature of our church’s ministry.
- Build worship team by providing leadership, coaching, and development for musicians within the church, and by expanding the leadership base of the ministry by identifying, inspiring, and mobilizing future worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists.
- Develop a sensitive and caring environment for the arts, encouraging artists in both their spiritual growth and the expression of their gifts through the arts.
- Work in cooperation with other ministry areas at City Centre to provide worship related support, resources, and coaching.
- Develop an annual worship ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
- Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments owned by the church.
- Oversee the church’s worship tech ministry.
- Oversee the planning and direction of annual Christmas, Easter and other special worship service events planned in conjunction with the Senior Pastor.
- Other responsibilities, as required
- Biblically qualified as an Elder/Pastor as per: 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 1-4. (If married, his wife must also meet the biblical standards of an elder's wife).
- Models an active and growing Christian faith, character, lifestyle, and testimony.
- Firmly embraces evangelical Baptist theology. Unconditionally commits to follow and champion the Doctrines, Covenants, Mission, and Core Values of City Centre.
- Demonstrably gifted in the areas of leadership, communications, and interpersonal engagement.
- Evidences a caring heart for people, and a passion for souls. Relates well multi-culturally.
- Spiritually mature; a team player; an accountable servant-leader with a teachable spirit.
- Theological Accreditation, preferably at the Bible College level.
- An active or contingent City Centre Member.
- 2 year experience leading worship in a similar church setting.
- Significant skill as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
- Broad knowledge of Christian worship music across multiple styles and generational tastes.
- Should be proficient in reading music.
- Should have experience leading and managing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree. Some formal training in music (and specifically church music) is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have three or more years of worship leadership experience. They will also have experience in a church setting similar to City Centre.
We offer salary, benefits, and pension plan (established by the Ministry Board). We encourage and support professional development and continued learning, and provide the technological tools required to do the job, including a laptop and smartphone.
WORKING DAYS: Sunday – Thursday, a spirit of flexibility is expected