ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – EMPLOYMENT AND SKILLS TRAINING
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITION FOR 12 MONTHS
LOCATION: MNBC Provincial Office or Regional Office to be determined
CLOSES: Position will remain open until filled and will close without notice
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-orientated individual to join our Ministry of Employment and Skills Training team as an Administrative Assistant.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Employment and Skills Training the primary objective of the role is to provide administrative and clerical support to the Ministry of Employment and Skills Training.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee day-to-day operations including calendar management, travel arrangements, and answering telephone, in-person, and electronic inquiries or directing clients to appropriate individuals in the Ministry of Employment and Skills Training
- Coordinate internal and external meeting logistics, including facility logistics, preparation and printing of meeting materials and agenda, facilitating telephone or online conference calls, taking minutes, and creating action items for follow up to ensure completion
- Prepare, organize, and coordinate a variety of sensitive and confidential correspondence, memos, presentations, spreadsheets, and reports from internal and external sources
- Develop and maintain electronic and manual filing system
- Process mail outs for various project work
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, including filing, photocopying, binding, scanning, sorting, filing, and maintaining records in a confidential manner
- Actively participate as a critical member of the Ministry of Employment and Skills Training team to create solutions that advance the successful, efficient, and effective delivery of MNBC’s Ministry of Employment and Skills Training initiatives.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Administrative Assistant diploma or certificate
- Two (2) years of experience in an administrative capacity
- Combination of relevant experience, education, and training will be considered
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures, including online scheduling systems
- Proven ability to proofread documents for formatting, grammatical, and spelling errors
- Knowledge and/or awareness of the historical and contemporary contributions made by Métis people in B.C.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, ensuring a high degree of confidentiality is maintained
- Proven ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills to deal with others effectively
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Word, Excel, and other database/software required by the role
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC.
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of the normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license and access to reliable personal vehicle for work purposes.
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.