2021 Job Description
Black Creek CHC is a community-based primary care organization that is committed to addressing the social determinants of health in a client-centered, equity driven manner. Nurse Practitioners work as key members of our inter-disciplinary team in providing comprehensive primary health care to registered clients of our Centre. We are seeking a motivated NP to join our team and participate in the delivery of programs and services to community members. If you are interested in addressing individual, group and community health issues while working in a supportive environment and maintaining a positive work-life balance, you will be interested in joining our team. Please note that this position requires flexibility to work from any of our various service delivery sites including our two main locations at Sheridan Mall and Yorkgate Mall.
The nurse practitioner will work within the interdisciplinary team at the centre to address individual and community health issues including providing holistic assessment of and care for patients and families with a focus on health promotion, disease prevention, health maintenance and rehabilitation.
· Perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counselling and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice for Registered Nurses in the Extended Class (NPs).
· Make internal referrals to other BCCHC staff and programs as appropriate.
· Facilitate referral of clients to specialist, hospital or community resources as appropriate.
· Participate in case conferences with other providers to ensure coordination of services to the client.
· Ensure that standards of client care are maintained according to accepted College of Nurses standards, the Regulated Health Professions Act, and the policies of BCCHC.
· Perform necessary back-up clinical functions for other nursing staff in their absence.
· Familiarity with scheduling and electronic health record keeping, preferable with Practice Solution Suite (PS Suite)
· Work collaboratively with health promotion team in the design and implementation of services and programs to address the social determinants of health.
· Handle other duties as assigned.
· Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Primary care nursing experience in a community, hospital or public health setting.
· Experience in Sexual Health, women’s Health, Seniors Health/ Palliative care is an asset.
· Knowledge and understanding of infection control and preventative practices.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community- based health care.
· Experience working with marginalized populations.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills that include computer literacy.
· Working at BCCHC’s multiple locations as well as working evenings and/or Saturdays is a requirement.
· Bilingual (French/English) an asset.
Reports to: Senior Director, Primary Health Care
Application deadline June 24, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
“Black Creek Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected grounds will be considered.”
Accommodations will be provided for candidates with disabilities, where needed and on request, to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the process shall be contacted.
Thank you for applying
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!