Program Manager - Child & Family Services - High Level, Alberta
Job #: J0521-0980
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: High Level, Alberta, Canada
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: 40hrs/wk; Monday – Friday; Scheduled Hours: 8:30 to 4:30 As this is a management position, some evenings & weekends required.
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties. We take a personalized, trauma-informed approach to care in an environment of cultural respect and support.
When families are in crisis, WJS Canada tries to keep children and youth connected to their families, communities, and Indigenous culture through a variety of social service programs and services tailored to meet their needs, including Family Resilience programs (formerly Early Intervention and Diversion) , life skills training, family preservation, reunification and supported family time.
The Program Manager manages the High Level Child and Family Services program, outreach and community based support services. Drawing upon extensive management experience in the social services sector, they hire, train and mentor a diverse group of dedicated social work professionals and ensure the staff and program operations comply with contractual obligations, company policies and procedures, legislation and accreditation standards.
In Your Role You Will
• Assist the Program Director to develop, implement, manage and evaluate high-quality, outcome-based programming within High Level and the surrounding communities.
• Promote WJS Canada family services programs and initiatives to support children, families and community.
• Implement collaborative service delivery working together with community-based agencies and professionals involved with families and youth served.
• Advocate for and respond to family, child & youth client needs/desires and other influences.
• Maintain client files and report program and service outcomes; as per agency, ministry and CARF accreditation standards
• Attend Child and Family Services (CFS) case conferencing.
• Ensure any critical incidents are reported and managed accordingly.
• Interview, hire and train WJS social services staff.
• Supervise, assign and monitor social work caseloads to social services staff.
• Identify staff strengths and mentor staff through performance management and professional development.
• Assist in future contract negotiations with funders.
• Participate in community development projects.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree in Social Work, Child and Youth Work or other social services, Sociology or Psychology Degree
• 5 years management experience, in social work, child & youth care or other human services
• Training & skilled in Signs of Safety, Solution Focused Training, Attachment Theory, Trauma Informed Care and Collaborative Service Delivery
• Strong interpersonal communications skills; able to foster cooperative work environment and community.
• Indigenous culture and cultural sensitivity.
• Conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention skills.
• Understanding of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, relevant legislation, guidelines, policies and standards.
• Experience working with computer/business software programs.
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and acceptable driver’s abstract
• Valid CPR/First Aid certificates
• Suicide prevention training.
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Group Conferencing
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Early Intervention or Diversion Programs
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages including: 4 weeks annual vacation (5 weeks after 2 years of service), Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life and more!
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!