Spark your passion and discover your potential with Richmond Society for Community Living (RSCL). Join a team that truly cares about what matters to you. Be empowered, challenged and supported to ignite change!
Our roots run deep in the Richmond community with nearly 40 years of program delivery and almost 300 employees. We live and breathe inclusion with a strong belief in the importance of grassroots advocacy, deep connections and kindness. We treat our employees with the same care as those that we support. In addition to creating rewarding relationships, you can expect respect, flexibility, significant professional development, comprehensive compensation and career growth with us.
Community Support Worker- Adult Day Services (Monday- Friday 32.5 hours weekly)
We are looking for enthusiastic persons who have strong leadership and communication skills, as well the empowering perspective of increasing the quality of individuals lives through social inclusion and personal development in our Adult Day Service Programs.
- Provide direct staff support and supervision when required to a wide variety of individuals with developmental disability, mental health challenges; and with complex and/or challenging behaviour or support needs.
- Establish respectful relationships with individuals which recognize their rights as citizens; and promote their dignity and well-being.
- A desire to actively assist the individuals supported by RSCL to live in accordance with their own beliefs, desires and choices.
- Develop and/or implement support agreements to achieve personal outcomes by using RSCL Planning Tools.
- A belief that people with developmental disabilities can live self-determined lives in the community surrounded by friends and family.
- Relevant post secondary education in related field and at least six months experience supporting people with developmental disabilities in a similar environment.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Clear, current Criminal Records Check
- Valid BC Driver’s License, Class 4 Preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels of an organization.
- Reliable problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
Richmond Society for Community Living (RSCL) offers a continuum of care throughout the lifespan of an individual with a disability. This includes early intervention supports for infants and children, child and youth care, adult day and residential services, employment options and more.
Whether you are brand new or a veteran in the community living field, we’ve got a spot for you! Our extensive professional development will allow you to make a meaningful impact right away. We are looking for people who share our passion to create a community where everyone belongs that is rooted in our values of trust, openness, fairness, respect, responsiveness and continuous learning.