The WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting a full-time Marketing and Communications Supervisor. This position works up to 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with a wage between $32.48 and $35.27 per hour. The majority of work will be done in our Jacklin Road office, although some work may be done remotely. This position also and provides leadership and support to team members located in the Westshore and Sooke offices.
Join us and experience everything the community offers as you, live, work and play in the beautiful Pacific Coast setting.
About the Society:
WorkLink Employment Society is a growing non-profit organization that has provided government sponsored employment services to the residents of the Victoria Capital Region’s Westshore (Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal and Metchosin) since 1978. We are rapidly expanding to establish a revenue generating division with a focus on Economic Development, Social Enterprise and Charitable Contributions.
In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide aboriginal outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht. Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC, which is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community.
We empower our employees to achieve great things and are proud to offer:
- Accelerated vacation entitlement
- Competitive wage & health benefits packages
- Flexible work schedules
- Pets In the workplace
- Relocation package for successful candidates
- Staff computer incentive program
- Strong workplace culture
- Supported work/life balance
About The Position:
The Marketing and Communication Supervisor, in consultation with the Executive Director, will play an integral role in marketing our current services and our new revenue diversification division. This role will play a key role with the management team as we advance our ability to use technology as a marketing and communication tool.
The Marketing and Communication Supervisor works directly with the Executive Team and provides leadership to WorkLink’s Marketing and Communications Team while being primarily responsible for:
- Assisting in the creation of business plans and the development of a WorkLink branding strategy for our new Revenue Diversification Division.
- Building and cultivating relationships with industry partners and other industry service providers.
- Collaborating with key agency administrators and staff to facilitate cooperative projects and ensure accuracy of the content and messaging in communications programs.
- Coordination of special events, employers’ forums, workshops, and job fairs.
- Creating a long-term vision for WorkLink with respect to Marketing, Communications and Community Engagement.
- Developing community, employer, and stakeholder engagement plans, while focusing on the delivery of marketing campaigns tied to community need and emerging trends.
- Developing and implementing an annual plan for marketing and communications across multiple channels and platforms.
- Growing WorkLink’s social media presence while enhancing our ability to communicate effectively with clients, our partners, employers, and members of the public.
- Leading the creation of media releases, reports to our funder, advertising materials.
- Managing and growing the Society’s social media presence, creating opportunities to meaningfully engage our new customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
- Managing, promoting, and positioning of WorkLink’s services.
- Overseeing content development to ensure contract compliance; and
- Tracking and analyzing data to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create unique content to promote WorkLink programs/services
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interpret contract and policy requirements
- Analytical tools and content marketing management
- Creativity and digital design skills
- Demonstrated excellence in professional writing/communications product development, (e.g.: engagement and communication plans, new releases, backgrounders; publications content; speech writing; web content etc.)
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies
- Experience establishing a new branding and awareness campaign
- Experience with a digital marketing tools, SEO, SEM and proficiency using a variety of software such as Microsoft, Adobe Creative Suite, other digital marketing tools,
- Experience with digital communications, social media outreach and strategic engagement
- Experience with WordPress and other web platforms
- Previous experience working in a non-profit setting is an asset.
- Responsive design/marketing skills
- Strong social media expertise including content development, communication flow, data analysis
- Team leadership and supervision
- A minimum three (3) years of related work experience in marketing and communications at a Supervisory level.
- A degree in communication, marketing, public relations and/or related field.
- Industry recognized credentials/training such as Chartered Marketing Professional a definite asset.
- Demonstrated design skills
- Previous experience in a supervisory role and in a non-profit setting