Position: Counsellor (2 positions)
Employment Type: Full-time, term position to March 31/22, with possibility of extension
Closing Date: June 14, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Counsellor provides counselling, therapy, and related services such as group facilitation to individuals, couples, and families, who are seeking relief from personal or interpersonal problems. Duties shall be performed in a manner consistent with the overall mission and values of the agency. The position reports to the Director of Programs.
- Provide counselling, therapy and related services according to agency needs; including EFAP customers, Rapid Access Counselling clinics, and referrals from various sources.
- Participate in program development, including development and presentation of workshops, group facilitation, and group interventions.
- Attend relevant agency meetings, be knowledgeable about agency programs and community activities, and market agency programs to the community using various methods (in-person, social media, etc.).
- Perform related administrative and record keeping duties, including casework recording, session evaluations, correspondence and statistical recording as required.
- Participate in clinical supervision on a regular basis and consult with the Director of Programs.
- Maintain good standing in a professional association.
- Assist with supervision of peers, students and individual cases as required by the agency from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study, such as Social Work, Psychology or Educational Psychology, plus five years of supervised clinical experience in a related or relevant counselling area.
- Other relevant combinations of education and experience may be considered
Areas of Knowledge:
- Counselling theories and practice
- Family Systems Theory, human behavior and change
- Theories and practices of communication and conflict resolution
- Interviewing, assessment, and evaluation techniques
- Professional ethics
- Caseload management
- Ability to promote services including using various social media platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with difficult people in unusual or challenging situations
Final candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
This position is in-scope, CUPE Local 5316.
Pay range of $4,358.63 to $4,923.38 per month based on Master’s Degree and related experience.