Program Director (Brain Injury & Disabilities) - Edmonton, AB Job ID J0521-1110
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday – Friday 8:30am TO 4:30pm (This management position requires flexibility to work some evenings & weekends, as necessary)
The WJS Canada Community Disability Services program in Edmonton, Alberta helps people with Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI) and/or persons with complex developmental disabilities (PDD) become active and involved in their communities through residential supported and semi independent living programs. In our passion to improve lives and develop life skills, we encourage inclusion and participation through community living and life skill coaching, career development and family support.
*** Temporary, maternity leave coverage to start August 1 for 12-18 month coverage***
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD IN LATE JUNE
In this senior management role, the Program Director - Community Disability Services, promotes cohesive teamwork, develops influencing strategies, tackles obstacles and promotes organizational values and plans to achieve business goals. Along with the Provincial Management Team, the incumbent will develop and implement WJS Canada's strategic agenda, focusing on quality of service and compassionate care.
In Your Role You Will
• Set out clear vision of business success; formulating plans for achieving goals, regularly assessing and communicating priorities
• Take responsibility for team performance, building a strong team and positive work environment
• Inspire team to use strengths and innovative practices to provide quality service and achieve results more effectively
• Negotiate contractual/financial terms with stakeholders in compliance with WJS bidding processes in order to minimize costs/risks and maximize income in a competitive marketplace and without compromising service quality
• Ensure CET or CARF accreditation compliant systems are in place to monitor and evaluate progress, processes and results and make adjustments to the plan
• Identify gaps in service/quality and act to improve performance and create opportunities for shared learning
• Collaboratively contribute to strategic planning and priority setting
• Uncover/resolve issues, conflicts and disagreements
• Maintain a safe work environment
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 3-5 years leadership experience in the community disability or social services field
• A degree in Social Work, one of the humanities, social sciences, business administration or related field with educational preparation for business management.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Must have business administration and operational leadership skills with experience in financial and human resource management.
• Commitment to quality assurance; knowledge of CET +/or CARF and related accreditation and certification requirements.
• A positive attitude that acknowledges the gifts, talents and passions of persons with developmental disabilities; an aptitude for service and support; and relevant knowledge and skill base.
• Experience developing financial plans, managing resources and analyzing financial data.
• Able to identify and secure funding/revenue sources, organize resources and establish priorities
• Strong conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention techniques.
• Communications and public relations skills will be useful to develop and deliver presentations and foster relationships with government officials, community groups, etc.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada offers a wide range of personalized and holistic social services. We invite individuals and their families or caregivers to help us create of a customized plan just for them, based in best practice and on the person’s or family’s specific needs. By building programs around an individual or family unit instead of trying to deliver services in a rigid, inflexible framework, WJS Canada is able to produce life changing results, even in the most complex of cases.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages including generous vacations, employer-paid extended health (100% prescription coverage) , dental (80% coverage), 3% match RRSP.
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training and career development
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!