Planned Parenthood Regina (PPR) aims to fill the gaps in sexual health service and education for the Regina community and area. PPR’s mission is to provide accessible, confidential contraceptive and sexual health programs and services to the Regina community with a priority focus on youth. PPR envisions a community that celebrates healthy sexuality and its diversity of expression, where all contraceptive and pregnancy choices are fully respected and human rights are upheld.
PPR is seeking an Executive Director with dynamic leadership skills to guide our professional and motivated staff through the day-to-day operations to fulfill the organization’s Mission and Vision. The successful candidate will engage partners and the community to grow our funding and donor support. They will be champions of PPR’s values of leadership, expertise, and innovation, they will be advocates for change at the systemic level, and fully embody client centered and trauma informed care.
The Executive Director will work closely with the volunteer Board of Directors to develop and implement organizational policies and procedures as approved by the Board. The Executive Director will communicate with the Board regularly regarding new developments in educational programming and sexual health services as well as financial reporting and any liability matters.
The Executive Director will work in consultation with a volunteer Medical Director to help ensure medical practices within the PPR clinic are up to the highest standards, and work closely with staff, physicians, nurses, and the community to ensure the delivery of effective and efficient sexual health services.
- The ED is responsible for both the day-to-day and longer term administration of the agency, including the development and implementation of the strategic plan as well as the coordination of best-practice services and programs to a diverse community.
- Work with Medical Director and staff to develop and follow stringent clinical policies and procedures
- Continuously evaluate services and policies to ensure best practice service delivery to the community.
- The ED has overall responsibility for ensuring the financial health of the agency through rigorous budget setting and management including grant writing and the development and implementation of long-term budgeting and funding strategies.
- The ED effectively and productively supervises the staff and volunteers and is responsible for recruitment, hiring, evaluating and supporting this team.
- The ED works with related community organizations and stakeholders to ensure the agency's presence and accessibility as a key part of the sexual and reproductive health care offered in Regina and surrounding area.
- The ED will schedule regular Board Meetings and provide written and oral updates and accompanying documents.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong community engagement skills
- Strong proposal writing skills
- Leadership, supervising and motivating others
- Ability to work both independently but within a team environment
- Fundraising skills and experience
- Change management skills
- Knowledge and experience working with vulnerable communities
- Previous experience working in a medical, healthcare, public health and/or non-profit environment would be considered an asset
- Previous experience working with and reporting to a Board of Directors
- Certification or a degree in the Executive/Management field from a recognized institution or a degree in a related field, Human Resources, Administrative, Public Health, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role and a demonstration of progressive management responsibilities. E
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
To learn more about Planned Parenthood Regina please visit our website: www.plannedparenthoodregina.com. We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- This is a full time, permanent position. This position will require occasional evening and weekend commitments. Salary and benefits will be discussed further in the interview process.
- PPR is committed to achieving a representative workplace. Qualified diversity group members are encouraged to self-identify on their applications.
- Please note that during the interview process testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector check will be required of the successful applicant.