The Clerk provides support to the Finance Team. This position assists with a variety of activities including general ledger reconciliations, invoicing, documents management, data entry, administrative duties, and filing.
- Assist Accounts Payable Clerk in checking source documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in coding source documents to the appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Assist in data entry of source document in accounting software.
- Assist in scanning various documents for digital backup in AP, AR and payroll.
- Assist payroll team.
- Assist with AR/AP reconciliations.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable if necessary.
- Represents the Agency in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Assist with other administrative duties.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and qualifications
This position is provided in partnership with ESD Canada. Eligible applicants are:
- A Secondary School Graduate
- Have been registered with a Post-Secondary Institution as a full-time student and intend to return to school as a full-time student within the coming academic year
- Between 15 and 30 years of age
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Completed some post secondary courses in accounting.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience using Sage 300 or Avanti is an asset.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Excellent written, verbal, and active listening skills, able to communicate effectively and respectfully with people from all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and internal controls.
- Strong ability using Office365, particularly Excel.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills – able to prioritize tasks and duties to meet deadlines.
- Able to work in an open office space.
- Interruptions may be frequent, a well-developed ability to switch task is important.
- This position works as part of a larger team, ability to work collaboratively with people is important.