Pace a nonprofit organization based in Grande Prairie with locations in several communities in the North West region in Alberta. The Pace Therapy Program provides therapy to children and adults who have experienced historical and or recent sexual violence.
Pace is seeking a skilled Trauma Therapist for our Sexual Violence Treatment Program.
Fulltime: 35 hours per week
Start date: As soon as possible
Benefits: As per benefits package
· Masters Degree in Social Work or Psychology
· Licensed to practice in Alberta with the appropriate Governing Body.
· Working Experience in Trauma based counselling.
· May Consider a Degree in Social Work with 5+ years of Extensive Experience
· Excellent verbal, written skills and proficient computer skills.
· Commitment to Clinical Supervision and Code of Ethics in practice.
· Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention check is required.
· Other training that would be helpful prior to hire would be First Aid and CPR, Non-violent Crisis Intervention, ASIST, Cultural Awareness (will provide for the right candidate)
Duties may include:
· To provide ongoing Bio-Psycho-Social assessment of individual client needs by gathering information pertinent to the client’s trauma and how that affects their life functioning.
· To collaborate with client to create individualized therapy goals with evidence based therapeutic interventions.
· To provide individual, group and family therapy, for victims of sexual abuse/trauma, and their supports as required.
· Advocacy for victims of abuse throughout the legal system and community placement process. Ensure confidentiality of client information as per professional ethics.
· Maintain client files according to Pace file audit standards.
· Maintain monthly client statistics.
· Participate in educational programs and staff development activities.
· Attend PACE staff meetings.
· Other duties as assigned
Please provide a cover letter to resume addressed to Carla
Application deadline: 2021-06-23
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
All clients are pre screened for Covid Symptoms and all government regulations are followed. Currently everyone must wear a mask and maintain 2 meter distance.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!