Location/Lieu: National Office (this will be a virtual, work from home position)
Position/Poste: Administrative Assistant (Philanthropy) - Canada Summer Jobs Position – 8 weeks at 35 hours/week
This virtual summer position will provide the successful candidate with experience in a wide range of fund development work. Expand your special event planning and non-profit fundraising experience as you are keen to learn about and grow within the non-profit industry. Stay up-to-date with trends, news, and events within the non-profit sector and learn an overview of Special Events from front and back of the house.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Help organize, promote, and implement existing fundraising programs and events.
- Research potential new event donors / sponsors for our signature events.
- Sourcing new auction products and preparation of auction proposals for our Signature events that include but not limited to: the Ability & Beyond Dinner and OpportuniTEA with Kate Linder & Friends in Calgary and Toronto.
- Reviewing and updating Legions and Service Clubs across Canada to include past donors and updating of current database.
- Explore third party fundraising opportunities, employee programs and other innovated ways of fundraising.
- Assist Special Event Manager with planning and execution of events.
- Provide administrative support such as conducting calls, recording meeting minutes and producing mail merges.
- All other tasks as required including working with other members of the Mass Marketing Team.
- As per the Canada Summer Jobs program requirements, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment, and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be familiar and experienced with Microsoft Office, Excel, Goggle Drive and Gmail.
- Able to work independently.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Data entry.
- Research skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrate self-management, professionalism and engagement.
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: $17.00/hour
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): June 13, 2021
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à: Human Resources
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.