The Rob Stewart Sharkwater Foundation continues Rob’s mission of education and awareness, through the Shark Free Campaign, widespread distribution of his films, use of content creation for film, TV, online, multi-media and widespread social media, work with NGOs and other organizations focused on likeminded initiatives.
Your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Highlighting issues related to shark population declines and the important role that sharks play in healthy oceans and planetary balance
- Effectively project managing our SHARK FREE campaign that connects the use of sharks to personal care and other household products through consumer awareness, industry collaboration and policy opportunities.
- Researching and identifying new partners for the foundation to collaborate with as it relates to the SHARK FREE campaign and mission of the organization.
- Participating in developing key campaign strategies, messaging and action for both internal and external audiences.
- Participating in producing effective, creative campaign content and developing communications strategy including PR and social planning for campaigns.
- Acting as a liaison and sometime spokesperson on campaign issues and actively participating in pitching campaigns to the media.
- Coordinating efforts with other organizations on campaign issues, including unifying messaging and providing assets such as videos.
- Working remotely in collaboration with board members, corporate partners, non-for-profit organizations and other key stakeholders.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to global justice, social change, animal rights, environmental conservation and community activism.
- Previous experience with direct action campaigns and /or community driven initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of Civic, Provencal / State and Federal policy and political processes for both Canada and the United States.
- Experience working in grassroots campaigning, non-profit organization and/or socially responsible organizations.
- An independent and confident self-starter that is good at managing stress and personal sustainability.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and networking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to engage with a wide range of audiences.
- Previous experience with social media platforms and pitching to the media.
- Can give clear and accurate instructions, presentations and feedback.
- Excellent time management.
- Effective computer skills (Microsoft Office) and document management.
- Ability to think and act in a strategic manner.
- Ability to work within Canada or the United States