JOB TITLE: Program Manager – Community Health Programs (EXCLUDED)
PROGRAM: Mental Health Programs
Plans, organizes, directs, controls and administers provision of the Community Health and Supported Housing Programs (SIL, CLS, HSS). The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that program delivery is consistent with the Mission Statement of Progressive Housing Society, current policies, procedures and best practices in mental health and Housing First service delivery. The Program manager provides leadership to the team of Community Mental Health Support Workers who provide support to vulnerable populations in the community including the homeless and those at risk of homelessness.
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Full-Time (Excluded)
SALARY RANGE: TBD
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 (one) vacancy
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m..
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- organizing, directing and controlling the day to day operations of the programs
- developing long range and strategic plans
- assessing and resolving operational issues and policies
- supervision, hiring, orientation, training and performance evaluations of program staff
- establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, individuals using the services, advocates, consumer family members, funders, volunteers, community groups, staff and the general public
- overseeing the operating budget for delegated programs
- supervising expenditures to ensure actual costs match budget
- preparing statistics for reporting on performance and spending to funders
- participating in the implementation of fund-raising activities
- by performing assessments and coordinating the placement of clients referred
- by monitoring the service delivery of workers for structure consistency, quality of guidance of clients and suitability of activities
- providing clinical support to staff around case management goals, recovery plans and individual care plans.
- delivery and organization of staff orientation and professional development
- developing standards for documentation
- monitoring staff to ensure compliance to those standards
- conducting quality assurance reviews
- discussion of problem situations, attendance at special case conferences and client discharge meetings
- establishing and ensuring all professional, licensing or other accreditation requirements are in place to satisfy legal, regulatory and other requirements
- consulting with housing applicants and mental health consumers regarding current needs
- participating in appropriate associations, forums and networks to ensure clients needs are represented
- establishing and maintaining effective relationships with community agencies, government officials, associations and working groups
- May work front line duties, provide after hours coverage, work evenings and weekends, supervise volunteers, network and Liaise with stakeholders, respond to urgent requests, provide coverage to Executive Director during absence and other appropriate management responsibilities as required and directed by the Executive Director.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!