JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector providing career and employment services. Our employees make a difference affecting local communities by connecting jobseekers to employment and helping employers build their workforce in Toronto and York Region. Career exploration, mentorship, a supportive network and foster community engagement for newcomer youth from northern North York and Southern York Region community. Through the mix of individual and group activities newcomer youth are exposed to positive role models, themed workshops, presentations and social activities as developed by JVS Toronto in collaboration with the local community partners. https://www.jvstoronto.org.
Are you looking for meaningful work where you can make a noticeable difference in peoples’ lives? JVS Toronto will provide you with the opportunity to advance your career and give back to our community. To reward employees’ hard work, JVS Toronto offers a paid vacation allowance, health, vision, & dental benefits, an employee assistance program (EAP), and corporate discounts.
Youth / Community Engagement Facilitator, Job ID #8032
Newcomer Youth Initiatives
17.5 hours per week /1-year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting immediately / Bathurst-Finch Hub & Lebovic Campus
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Assist with the development of project plan, timelines and implementation strategy
• Outreach to the local community to ensure participation of eligible clients, conduct intake, assessment and case management to 60 youth a year
• Facilitate program orientation sessions for youth and parents. Organize events and guest speaker sessions through community resources and partner organizations both in person and online
• Recruit and train mentors, coordinate and facilitate group and individual mentoring sessions
• Coordinate and assist with Career Exploration sessions with youth as well as arrange educational, leadership, social and volunteer activities
• Maintain detailed client records, entering all required information into iCARE and SalesForce
• Prepare client registration and usage documentation; maintain complete, updated files and produce statistical documentation
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate Certificate in Social Services or Education with placement experience, or a related degree with 3-5 years of experience in community work. International degrees must be evaluated for Canadian equivalency.
• Effective organizational and time management skills; demonstrated ability to meet targets and deadlines
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to write reports
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively deal with a wide range of individuals and personalities, including: community professionals, youth and families, colleagues, staff, volunteers, and employers
• Strong facilitation skills; ability to build and lead workshops both in person and online
• Demonstrated understanding of the specific needs of newcomer youth
• Knowledge of the ethnic communities of the respective neighbourhoods
• Computer literate; the ability to learn systems used by the agency (ie. SalesForce)
• A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
• Employment Ontario knowledge and exposure
• Knowledge of one or more major community second languages
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!