Foundry Prince George
10-15 hrs/week, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Accrued annual vacation time
Discount on child care (excluding infant and toddler care)
Who we are
Rooted in Northern BC for over 50 years, the YMCA of Northern BC is a charity of over 400 staff and volunteers working together to strengthen the foundations of our community through promoting healthy living, fostering belonging, inclusion, and connection, and helping children, families, and seniors thrive. We offer opportunities for personal growth and create social change through child care services, camp programs, community health services, employment services, recreation, and health and fitness services.
What you will do
At the YMCA people are our greatest asset and we are proud to be an employer of choice. Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive team in an environment of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and inclusivity. The YMCA is committed to providing our community the support it needs to thrive through employment, youth services, and programming for families and seniors. We believe a vibrant, healthy community is one in which everyone feels a sense of belonging and connection.
What you will bring
Our caring community health providers are passionate about helping children, youth, families, and seniors live well. They believe in guiding each individual through a holistic approach to health that embodies all aspects of physical, mental, and social well-being to support people to live healthier, happier lives.
Responsibilities and abilities
Reporting to the Foundry Manager, the Psychiatric Clinic Support Assistant performs a variety of administrative, secretarial, and specified primary care duties as part of an integrated and multi-disciplinary team.
- Participate as a key member of Foundry’s integrated team
- Perform clinic administration, process referrals, answer routine inquiries, and book appointments related to the provision of psychiatric services at Foundry
- Liaise with youth, families and community, as well as Foundry clinicians and primary care providers, on behalf of the clinic
- Oversea the administration of and offer support to the psychiatrist during clinic as required
- Attend associated Foundry meetings and trainings
- Screen and prioritize incoming correspondence
- Maintain appointment calendars and schedule information for designated staff
- Assist the psychiatric team to develop and implement administrative policies and procedures
- Process a variety of reports, forms, and correspondence
- Maintain client charts (in MOIS and Toolbox)
- Assist in statistical data collection and reporting back to Foundry Central
- Other duties, as required
- Completion of a recognized medical office assistant course plus 2 years recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Additional coursework relevant to Foundry priorities an asset
- Experience working with marginalized populations and/or young people
- Physical ability to complete relevant tasks
- Satisfactory criminal record check and clear vulnerable sector search
- Three satisfactory professional references
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Negotiation/ Communication/Interpersonal Skills - Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Have an ability to cooperate with others to achieve results and to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
- Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Self-Management – ability to appropriately manage one’s own emotions and strong feelings; maintain a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances; and think clearly and stay focused under pressure. Encompasses self-regulation and mindfulness.
- Teamwork/ Cooperation – ability to work cooperatively and productively with others within and across organizational units to achieve common goals; demonstrate respect, cooperation, collaboration, and consensus-building.