People who are deafblind or affected by sensory loss connect, communicate and experience the world differently. At Sensity, we create meaningful experiences by delivering individualized programming, support services, training, education and awareness.
Based in Paris, ON, Sensity has an exciting new position for an Onboarding and Employee Navigation Specialist. Reporting to our Director of HR, this position leads and oversees the effective, consistent and efficient onboarding of new hires. This role supports new employees with paperwork, direction, orientation, training coordination, and has regular touch points to ensure new employees feel welcome and informed.
Essential Position Functions:
- Leads and executes the onboarding process for all new hires.
- Sends every new employee an electronic welcome package with instructions on how to complete critical employment documents.
- Ensures new hire paperwork is received and completed and follows up for missing information.
- Enters new employees into the Human Resources Information System.
- Organizes introduction meetings/training with other departments and assigns training bundles within HR Downloads platform.
- Makes regular check-ins with new employees and ensures they have the tools and information needed for success.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on total working hours of probationary employees. Ensures probationary reviews are completed in accordance with required timelines.
- Tracks new employees that were hired through the Employee Referral Program.
- Supports and participates in new employee orientation training, including content delivery.
- Supports the Manager of Quality Assurance and Innovation in the evaluation of the onboarding process with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Enters Employee Status Change Forms and employee personal updates into the Human Resources Information System.
- Maintains and distributes employee, driver and seniority lists.
- Promote and maintain a keen understanding of our workplace culture, mission, vision and values.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Community college diploma (or equivalent) in human resource management or a related field is required;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, with a strong client service orientation and relationship building skills. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Solid time management, record keeping, attention to detail and organizational
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook,
Important to Know:
- Sensity offers a competitive wage and benefit plan including a health spending account
- Paid sick days
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings.
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops in the community and abroad
If you are interested in the Onboarding and Employee Navigation Specialist role with us apply with your resume and cover letter.
Please quote job ONSFT061821 in your cover letter when applying.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.