position Purpose summary:
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Residential Services, the Treatment Program Manager is responsible for oversight of Harbour Light’s Addictions Treatment Program, including but not limited to, intake of new clients and management of the program’s components: Stabilization, Pre-Treatment, Phases 1-4, Volunteer Work Experience Program and the Alumni Group
· Develops strategies and recommendations for staff & volunteer development and delivery of client-based programs.
· Convenes weekly department meetings; regularly Harbour Light Management Team meetings; participates in in-service training as scheduled.
· In conjunction with the Assistant Manager and Intake Counsellor, oversees practicum students and orientation process.
Qualifications and Education requirements:
· The successful job applicant will have completed an undergraduate university degree or have an equivalent combination of education and practical experience in a social services background.
· Have or be willing to acquire the following certificates:
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health First Aid
- Motivational Interviewing
At least 5 years of related experience, including experience working with marginalized clientele in a residential setting, supervising staff in a union environment, and budgeting.
· A positive attitude towards the homeless and individuals with substance use and concurrent disorders, and a good understanding of the challenges they face.
· Good verbal and written communication skills, effective listening skills, and good attention when reading and occasionally working with numbers.
· Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Flexible, self-motivated, adaptable
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
· A valid Class 5 (or higher) BC Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract
HOURS: The normal work week is Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The workday includes 7 ½ paid hours with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed, will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!