Artscape is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to join Artscape’s Marketing and Communications team to lead, shape and execute the digital marketing strategy for Artscape’s various areas of business. The ideal candidate will possess deep experience in data-driven digital marketing strategy, analysis, and digital campaign execution that drives brand awareness and conversion.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing Manager will develop, manage and implement proactive communications plans and strategies that advance the concrete goals of Artscape’s ambitious Strategic Plan: Artscape 5.0. Ensuring adherence to Artscape’s brand, social media policies and guidelines, this specialist will attract and interact with targeted creative industries, creative entrepreneurs, artists, digital creators and designers. They will also apply their skills more broadly to support digital marketing related initiatives for Artscape, as required.
Key performance indicators include (but are not limited to) increasing the digital and social media profile for Artscape, managing, monitoring and reporting on paid digital campaigns and updating content on the relevant website in order to drive increased awareness of and interest in Artscape’s facilities, memberships, programs, workshops and events in line with strategic plans. The outcome will be increased presence and engagement with Toronto’s relevant arts and creative communities on all relevant social and digital channels, driving increased leads and conversions for business offerings.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated, multitasker with a strong background in developing creative digital content and campaigns that convert to sales, who knows their way around Google Analytics, SEO, SEM and WordPress sites, and enjoys a fast paced, dynamic environment requiring interaction with multiple stakeholders.
- Work with Artscape’s key stakeholders to develop and deploy leading-edge paid and organic digital/social media strategies and marketing campaigns for a variety of revenue-generating, reputation management and profile-raising initiatives across digital channels including: social, website and email communications.
- Thoroughly understand the competitive landscape and expand the digital audience for Artscape’s offerings via digital promotions that connect with all target markets
- Work with Artscape’s internal Marketing and Communications team and external agencies, videographers and photographers to develop rich, original content for sharing across Launchpad’s digital channels
- Continuously improve audience performance and lead generation along with awareness, member/participant acquisition by capturing and analyzing marketing data/metrics, insights and best practices, and optimize campaigns, based on findings
- Project manage content updates to Artscape website and provide recommendations for changes that will maximize SEO and SEM and positively impact the awareness/sales pipeline across revenue-generating areas
- Manage email marketing lists and execution of email campaigns using Mailchimp, EventBrite (or similar platforms)
- Support Artscape’s Marketing and Communications team to broaden awareness of Artscape’s initiatives across all properties, by creating plans and deploying digital and social media content, as required, across all Artscape digital channels
- Conduct competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification to measure campaign and cost effectiveness for future initiatives
- Adeptness and understanding of the frameworks of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to engage and proactively adopt to working with inclusive systems, processes and programs organizationally
- A proven understanding of workplace culture and the functionality of equity, diversity and inclusion within it
- Committee related work is considered part of regular job responsibilities
- 5 years of related work experience
- Post-Secondary Education – Degree, Certificate, Diploma – in a technical field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with social networking and social analytics tools
- Excellent grasp of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Proven track record of developing informative, relevant, high quality marketing campaigns that drives awareness, engagement and conversion
- Working knowledge of Word Press, Shopify, HTML
- Deep knowledge of SEO, SEM and Google analytics, as well as paid search strategies to optimize a Google Adwords grant
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Highly proficient in use of photography and video for social media
- Experience in or knowledge of the Southern Ontario creative community a plus
Join Our Team!
We love creatives and creativity!
Join our team and be part of an organization that positively transforms the community through co-creation. Artscape is an urban development organization and global leader in creative placemaking. We have community cultural hubs throughout Toronto. The core of our work focuses on developing real estate projects, programs and services to empower artists and connect them to communities. As a not-for-profit organization based in Toronto since 1986, we collaborate with artists, community leaders, public policy advocates, philanthropists and urban developers, so that our work builds value for everybody. As a team member, you will contribute to the wide range of work we do for the community.
Artscape is dedicated to hiring employees who reflect the diverse communities we serve in Toronto.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape. For more information, please see our Accessible Customer Service policy.
Artscape’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We will hold ourselves and each other accountable through word and action with the assurance that every member of the Artscape community be treated equitably, with dignity and respect. As an employer, as staff, as leaders and community members, we will act in an inclusive manner at all times and with mutual respect of individuals’ rights to be understood and heard.
We believe equity, diversity and inclusion creates a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals and is representative of the Canadian population and are resolute in cultivating an environment where all people are respected and their differences are embraced.
We do not condone or tolerate behaviour that undermines the dignity of any individual. Expressions of hate such as intimidation, harassment, offensiveness or hostility will not be tolerated.
We stand firm in our commitment to the erasure of and fight against all forms of discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to: Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, xenophobia, sexism, anti-Black racism, classism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism and anti-indigenous rhetoric and remarks.
We further commit to the creation and enforcement of open and inclusive spaces, free of hate and all forms of oppression.
We will support the growth, awareness and understanding of our most marginalized and racialized communities and will promote and encourage open dialogue that does not infringe of the rights of others or cause harm.