Peer Support Worker Summer Student Employment
2 Positions Creating Hope Society Creating Hope Society (CHS) is seeking Peer Support Worker.
The Peer Support Worker will assist in the daily programming for families, youth and children (i.e. sports, recreation, arts and crafts, and cultural teachings). Duties:
• Daily reports, case notes, general office duties (filing, emails, phone calls)
• Attend meetings to support the families we work with.
• The Peer Support Worker will also assist in helping to run programs and assist with events held with the Society.
• Due to the COVID-19 pandemic CHS staff work in cohorts. We have two different cohorts that work alternate days in the office.
• CHS also follows all COVID-19 restrictions as per Alberta Health Services.
In addition our meetings, programs and events are held virtually until restrictions are lifted.
• Will possess a sound understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture and issues.
• Will possess a sound understanding of Indigenous child welfare issues
• Working towards a post-secondary diploma or degree in the Social Service sector.
• Must be returning to school in September 2021.
• Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Must have knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software and knowledge of social media platforms.
• Must have a CRIM and Child Welfare Check.
• Must have a vehicle with 2 million liability insurance.