Established in 1973, Interval House is Canada‘s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse. We are trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence and we provide innovative, specialized, and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Want to know more about Interval House? See www.intervalhouse.ca
Join us and be a part of our team:
Are you looking to grow in the finance profession? Are you results focused with an emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail? Do you thrive in a diverse, supportive, and change-positive team?
Then joining this team may be your best move yet.
The Administration team is a group of dedicated staff that support and respond to the needs of the Executive Team and various departments.
The Financial Officer position will report to the Finance Manager.
Start Date: September 2021
As a Financial Officer you will utilise your analytical, decision making and problem resolution skills in supporting the efficiency of the Finance Department. You will represent the Finance Department on project teams and interact closely with the various departmental managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Update and reconcile bank accounts, investment accounts and donation accounts
• Process vendors’ payments and employee reimbursements
• Ensure availability of funds to cover operating and capital expenses
• Accurately update general ledger
• Assist with preparation of operating and capital budgets and variance reports
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Assist with preparation of external audit documentation and act as liaison with the Auditors
• Assist in the preparation of all external reports (Charity Returns, Funders Report, T4 Reports)
Job & Competency Requirements:
• College diploma or certificate in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an accounting environment or one (1) year non-profit accounting experience (preferred)
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel is a must.
• Working knowledge of payroll and payroll reconciliations
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls
• High level of demonstrated administrative skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to observe strict confidentiality
• Consistent ability to demonstrate positive and professional behavior
• Accountability, dependability, and flexibility
• Ability to receive constructive feedback, take coaching
• Demonstrating a proactive mindset and tendency to take initiative
• Ability to identify and manage risks
• Ability to positively adapt to and manage change
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a racially and culturally diverse environment
• Taking initiative for self-development
You will benefit from:
Employer paid Group Insurance benefits
Paid vacation and sick benefits
Growth and learning opportunities
Working with a supportive, fun loving team
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Subject line: FINANCIAL OFFICER
Good to Know
We thank all applicants. Please note, only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 is required upon hire.Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
All successful applicants must agree to undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!