The Client Service Representative is responsible for the reception area including switchboard operation, greeting people arriving at the Employment Services Centre, directing visitors to the appropriate person or service, answering and forwarding telephone calls, taking messages, scheduling appointments and performing other related clerical duties. This contract has a possibility of extension after 3 months until return of incumbent.
HIGHLIGHTS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer all incoming calls, take and relay messages, provide information and book appointments.
- Identify, engage and screen potential clients for case management services.
- Maintain all required forms / assisting clients to complete initial intake forms and online registration as needed.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing client case transfers to and from WorkBC locations including verifying client contact details using ICM.
- Assist with 4, 24 and 52 week employment follow-up as needed, to meet performance outcomes.
- Maintain statistics on each person served whether by phone or walk-in.
- Keep detailed records of staff vacation and sick leave.
- Assist with marketing the program as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Completion of high school preferable with a post-secondary administrative certificate / diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience within the employment field
- Minimum three years' experience and demonstrated success as a Client Services Representative/Receptionist in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough knowledge of employment services and well-rounded knowledge of services and resources in the community
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and internet; ICM experience
- Experience operating a multi-line switchboard
- Second language
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Alert to the needs of a performance-based model
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with ability to pay attention to details
- Good general knowledge of employment services in the community
- Competent in relating to very diverse clientele; patient and calm when handling challenging situations
- Ability to take the initiative and take direction
- Strong ethics around confidentiality
- Flexible and committed to contributing to a team – ‘can do’, ‘will do’ attitude
- Ability to identify and deal with sensitive issues in a caring manner
- Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural and lifestyle diversity