Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking a client-centered, results-oriented individual to fill the role of Coordinator, Translation Services. This position will be based out of the Vancouver Head Office location.
Coordinator, Translation Services
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Coordinator – Commercial/Institutional Section, Translation Services, assists the Manager of Translation Services with the processing of translation requests, coordination of the pool of professional translators, quality assurance, and the timely delivery of translations and related services to ensure the satisfaction of clients, contractors, and user agencies.
· Coordinate and implement deliverables stipulated in contracts; inform manager of achievement of contractual outcomes; prepare regular reports for the manager on the achievement of quality standards
· Answer enquires regarding the translation services and projects, provide quotes, and provide all relevant information to appropriate staff
· Implement all required translation quality control specifications before their delivery to customers; work with translators to ensure quality control measures are implemented
· Ensure contractors understand and follow policies, procedures, and practice standards
· With the manager, provide input to setting annual financial targets for the section; authorize expenditures within the position’s limit
· Oversee financial aspects of translation projects; makes sure quotes are competitive, realistic and profit generating; makes sure projects do not go over budget
· Ensure financial growth of the Translation Services
· Respond to customer/client complaints and, with the Manager, resolve them
· Perform administrative duties related to translation services as assigned
· Assist the manager with overall operations
· Post-secondary education required and a second language an asset
· 4 years of experience in the language services industry
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Experience in working with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
· Ability to work independently, to supervise staff, and to organize workload efficiently
· Highly organized with strong time management skills. Able to work and stay calm under tight timeline pressure environment.
· Excellent people skills required for frequent contacts with clients, contractors and staff
· Very good communication and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent word processing skills and strong attention to detail
· Effective organizational abilities, sound judgment and initiative
· Tactfulness and patient approach to clients’ needs
Full-time (35 hours per week)
Annual salary commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications
MOSAIC offers a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Coordinator, Translation Services”. Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Manager MOSAIC Translation Department
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled
June 17, 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!