SATURDAY & SUNDAY 2:30pm - 10pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY 3pm - 11pm
The Relief Support Coordinator is a casual position which provides direct support to adults with developmental disabilities.
- Must be available to work a minimum of two (2) shifts per week to maintain Relief employment status.
- Must be available to work in any one of our 9 residences located throughout the city or within the main facility.
- Must provide a Vulnerable Sector Security Clearance.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess their own vehicle, a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Work independently and as part of a team to provide direct support to Individuals with varying degrees of needs.
- Assist with personal care and hygiene, planning, organizing and participating in outings and activities, preparing for daily activities, and arranging transportation as required.
- Ensure Individuals receive the highest level of care which includes adhering to specific requirements with respect to medication, dietary restrictions, exercise and programming.
- Complete lifts and transfers in a safe and responsible manner.
- Participate in meal planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation and monitoring food intake for restricted diets and diabetic protocols.
- Follow and monitor care plans, positive behavior supports and restrictive procedures and complete documentation as required.
- Support Individuals in developing positive relationships and engage individuals in all daily activities.
- Receive and deliver medication as required, ensuring all medication policies and processes are strictly adhered to.
- Encourage and assist as needed in communication with parents/family (e.g., phone calls, visits, letters).
- Work closely with and take direction from immediate supervisor to ensure all aspects of the role are being achieved.
- Complete housekeeping duties to ensure sanitary work areas and hygiene standards are followed to ensure the safety of all staff and Individuals.
- Complete light maintenance as necessary, e.g. changing light bulbs, yard maintenance, snow removal, etc.
- Create clear and concise records, required reports, and other essential documentation as required.
- Communicate in a professional, timely, accurate, and respectful way with individuals, families, guardians, staff, and community members.
- Preferably completion of/ or working towards post-secondary education in a relevant discipline.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed Microsoft Office skills which include Outlook email and Word.
- Effective time-management and priority-setting skills, and the ability to balance competing demands/priorities.
- The ability to model and support the development of basic living, personal and social skills.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
- The ability to work various shift schedules in a physically demanding environment as required.