Hours of Work Per Week: 42
Schedule: 2-week rotation
Week 1: Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8 am to 8pm.
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday 8am to 8 pm.
338-32 Bonnyville Main House (Complex Needs program)
WJS Canada operates several community living programs in the town of Bonnyville to support people with developmental disabilities in becoming active, empowered and involved in their community regardless of the challenges they face - developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury, FASD, autism, and dual diagnosis. Our passion is to improve all aspects of a person`s life by focusing on the individuals and their progress. We encourage daily independence and self-sufficiency together with community inclusion.
The Community Disability Support Worker (DSW), provides individuals with physical, behavioural, emotional and social supports/supervision in the residence and the community.
*The $20.09 - $23.09/hr complex need rate is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate of $17.09-$20.09 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. Sleep hours are paid at$15/hr*
In Your Role You Will
• Assist/support individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Ensure individuals basic needs are met, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills and social/occupational skills.
• Observe/document physical, developmental and psychological needs of individuals in service.
• Daily operation and maintenance of the residence/program facility (May include food preparation, cleaning, and/or assisting the person in service with the completion of these tasks, etc.)
• Participate/support planning as well as safe transportation of individuals to vocational, recreational, leisure activities and encourages opportunities for social interaction within communities.
• Contribute toward design, implementation and evaluation of individual service plans, program specific policies & procedures.
• Further develops skills and knowledge within human practice fields.
• Communicate/document information that relates to program changes/service recipient changes to peers, ministry representatives and other stakeholders as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• MANDATORY - One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities .
• Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• MANDATORY - Class 5 Driver License, clear drivers abstract and reliable vehicle
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and participation in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through:
• Community-based residences
• Supportive Independent living
• Respite care
• Day programs and community inclusion
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages including, employer-paid extended health & dental, 100% prescription coverage, etc.
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs and career development opportunities
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!