REPORTING TO: SENIOR MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND AFFILIATE RELATIONS
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
EXPECTED START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: TORONTO, SOME TRAVEL REQUIRED
ABOUT CHILD DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Child Development Institute (CDI) is a leading children’s mental health agency in the City of Toronto offering a range of services to approximately 3,500 children ages 0‐12, youth ages 13-18 and their families each year. Our mission is to promote and support the healthy development of children and to strengthen the families and communities in which they live. We provide four streams of service to families in need: early intervention, family violence, healthy child development and specialized mental health services for children and youth with learning disabilities.
ABOUT SNAP® PROGRAM
SNAP (Stop Now And Plan) is an evidence-based, cognitive-behavioural, gender-sensitive, manualized program that teaches children ages 6-11 with behavioural problems, and their parents, how to make better choices in the moment. https://childdevelop.ca/snap/
Child Development Institute (CDI) is seeking a Manager, Program Implementation & Training to join our SNAP® Implementation team. Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Business Development and Affiliate Relations, the Manager, Program Implementation & Training will be directly responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational activities of a team of Trainers/Consultants and is responsible for providing coaching, mentoring and team leadership in ensuring the team's success.
The successful candidate, should have experience in developing project plans where it ensures that SNAP® program implementations are completed on time, within budget, ensuring compliance with implementation protocols, and have the ability to handle complex issues associated with the needs of affiliate sites including problem-solving implementation issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the SNAP® Program implementation by developing implementation plans; leading kick-off meetings; complete implementation requirements; ensure the tasks are completed on time; mitigate risks and issues.
- Directly supervises the SNAP Training and Implementation team providing supervision in accordance with CDI Policy/Activities to ensure key milestones/deliverables are being met
- Allocated resources and/or shifting resources among teams to maximum reaching affiliate expectations
- Provides coordination of work flow and monitors quality of work of the trainers pertaining to implementation activities and affiliate relationships
- Proactively monitor the project plan (milestones and critical path dates), identifying and resolving issues and assessing variances.
- Advise and assists on site specific implementation issues, supporting the assigned trainer to effectively resolve issue Communicate with all levels of the organization and interact with multiple stakeholders to achieve agreement on scope and schedule of projects
- Supports Senior Trainers in delivering Lead Staff training, Train-the-Trainer training
- Assists with other program related trainings as needed including core and other service components
- Advises and assists with requests related to adaptations ensuring they are approved, monitored and evaluated in accordance with agency protocol
- Monitors and maintains the data flow & entry for the Implementation Tool (SNAPiT)
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth transition of sites during the program Deployment/Implementation to program Maintenance/Support.
- Conducts Licensing reviews and discussions according to implementation protocols
- Administers quality audits on training, consultation and associated tracking of all Affiliate Site related activities
- Reviews quarterly and annual reports on Affiliate Site activities and conducts related follow-up
Provide quality assurance and monitors training materials (e.g., slides, worksheets, agendas)
- Monitors the key performance indicators for the training and consultation activities as per the approved business plan
- Coordinates with finance team to ensure all Affiliate Site invoicing is duly completed
- Provides input respecting the currency and effectiveness of program products (e.g., Manuals)
- Ensures appropriate Affiliate Site relationships are developed and maintained
- Monitors and approves department expenses ensuring alignment with budget
- Recruit, train, coach and mentor direct reports, and oversee annual review process and ongoing performance management.
- Motivate a team of technical support consultants through coaching, performance feedback, career and training development plans
- Performs other assigned duties as assigned by Senior Manager, Business Development and Affiliate Relations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree and at least five (5) years related experience implementing an evidence-based practice or five plus years of SNAP
- Implementation experience and related academic qualifications in social sciences and/or social services.
- Five (5) + years of experience managing implementations of similar scope, professional designations preferred (PMP)
- Experience in managing diverse staff including recruitment, training, evaluation and performance management in a unionized environment.
- Experience working in rural, remote or northern communities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a respectful manner with groups from diverse backgrounds and experiences
Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to train and motivate project team members.
- Strong conflict resolutions and problem solving skills.
- Comfort and knowledge in using computer software and databases (e.g., Microsoft, Excel, SPSS, PowerPoint)
- Be a dedicated and flexible team player able to interact with team members, and colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Governed by concurrent and dynamic deadlines, despite conflicting priorities and frequent interruptions
- Some travel to partner organizations/affiliates required
- Lifting or moving up to 30lbs may be required when traveling and/or preparing for travel
- Extremely flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Fast-paced work environment
- Frequent handling of queries and calls from employees, managers and Affiliate Sites
- Required to work long flexible hours in order to meet deadlines
COMPENSATION: Salary is under review and is subject to skills, abilities and qualifications.
Thank you in advance for your interest. However, due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Child Development Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value inclusivity & diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to,
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
- members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; and
- persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that therefore, equity, diversity and inclusion can be complex. We value the contributions that each person brings, and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all in our community.
Child Development Institute is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Child Development Institute will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. During any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
All applicants are advised that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Check.