Please note this is a CASUAL position.
Salary: $25.27 per hour (Grid 31, Step 1)
Hours of Work: 0- 36 hours per week
Days of Work: Monday to Friday
Days Off: Saturday & Sunday
Date Posted: June 25, 2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Internal Posting Location: https://opendoorgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Commencement Date: ASAP
Positions Available: 2
Work Area: Kamloops, BC
About Open Door Group:
Open Door Group is a non-profit organization that has been serving communities across British Columbia since 1976. Today, we continue to provide tailored employment services to individuals and businesses to build strong workforce ecosystems and thriving communities.
Certified as a Great Place to Work™, and ranked as one of the Top 50 Mid-Size Employers in Canada in 2021, we pride ourselves on modeling a culture of authenticity and transparency. Our core values are based on the genuine belief that all individuals have the ability to succeed and are the drivers of their own success, and we aim to support lifelong learning and career success for the people we serve, as well as our employees.
As a Certified Living Wage Employer, Open Door Group strives to offer competitive wages and benefits for our staff. All permanent staff at Open Door Group receive a comprehensive, 100% employer-paid benefits package, a municipal pension plan, and supplemental benefits including earned days off and ongoing professional development. Open Door Group also offers an Employee and Family Assistance program to support the well-being of each of our staff.
Reporting to the Associate Program Director, the Employment Facilitator improves client employment readiness through referral and follow-up to community referral and through competency-based training. Employment Facilitators support clients to obtain job placements by facilitating and supporting self-marketing job search activities.
1. Markets employment and training program(s) to prospective clients and employers and develops related promotional materials.
2. Conduct orientations, information sessions, pre-screen, and evaluate client eligibility for programs and services. Supports clients to enrol in government required registration.
3. Provides clients with information regarding available resources within the community, refers to other programs and services as required, and monitors enrolment/progress in those programs.
4. Provide support, direction, and regular contact to clients utilizing the Resource Centre.
5. Ensure clients utilizing the Resource Centre have access to current and updated job search resources and job leads. Support and follow-up clients in their self-marketing job search.
6. Liaises with the program funder, internal staff, and stakeholders to provide and receive information that supports clients/student’s ability to achieve their goals.
7. Teaches student/client and provide coaching using a variety of instructional methodologies to enable the development of skills necessary for increased employability and/or personal independence.
8. Assists clients to become job-ready by arranging for short-term training.
9. Designs curricula and lesson plans for courses such as computer skills, cohort training, job search skills, and essential skills. Modifies lesson plans according to factors such as student/client level, student/client goals and mental health and behavioural barriers.
10. Formally evaluates students/clients in areas such as technical and interpersonal skill development, provides student/clients with feedback, and prepares progress reports.
11. Provide ongoing assessment and evaluation of student/client skill acquisition.
12. Provides input and make recommendations to management on issues such as program evaluation and organizational policies.
13. Maintain adequate levels of supplies. Make recommendations for types of equipment required.
14. Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as student evaluations, attendance records, schedules, wait lists, and job placement results.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
Open Door Group values diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified individuals who represent, at all job levels, the diversity of the people we serve and encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, origin and ethnic affiliations, disability, age, and religion.
We strive to ensure an accessible experience for candidates. If you require an alternative method to submit your application, please email us " target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener ugc"> or contact us toll-free at 1 866 377 3670 and ask to speak with an HR representative.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Open Door Group team!
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!