Trinity Baptist Church in Calgary, AB, affiliated with the Canadian National Baptist Convention, is seeking to fill the position of Senior Pastor with responsibilities as outlined below:
1. Teaching Ministry. As a chief teacher within TBC, provide a teaching ministry that is balanced in
doctrine respecting the whole counsel of God found in Scripture, with application of principles
to daily living. Deliver expositional messages on a regular weekly basis and provide overall
leadership of TBC congregational worship services. Alongside the Elders Team, function in the
capacity of a doctrinal guardian, teaching, admonishing and interpreting church doctrine
according to Scripture.
2. Pastoral Care. Establish and participate in a sustainable shepherding ministry to individuals
within the TBC congregation and those outside. Alongside the Elders Team, fulfill shepherding
responsibilities to keep members from going astray, to seek the return of members who went
astray, to protect members from false teaching and evil practices, and to give concern and
consolation to members in spiritual or emotional need. Facilitate the work of the Deacons Team
to meet physical needs of members within the TBC congregation and those outside.
3. Governance. Participate as a full member of the TBC Elders Team in the exercise of shared
responsibilities and decision-making in overall direction and significant activities associated with
church life, recommending policies, and establishing financial stewardship.
4. Leadership. Demonstrate leadership through their open example of life within the church in
personal discipleship and prayer. Provide analysis of and guidance to the overall ministry of TBC.
Act as the default chair of TBC congregational meetings. Participate in church committees in an
ex officio capacity, as needed. Act as the default spokesperson on behalf of TBC in relation to
organizations outside of TBC.
5. Staff Supervision. Act as the staff team leader to provide day-to-day operational direction,
advice and encouragement to the church staff and their various ministries.
6. Spiritual Growth. Model personal growth as a follower of Christ, through bible study, prayer,
obedience, and other spiritual disciplines.
Additional information, including an introduction video and a church profile can be found at:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!